IdleRich

IdleRich
In the Champions League they need a miracle. If only there was some manager available who took over a team in a similar situation last season, turned it round and took his side on to win the competition.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Any manager who could do that wouldn't be available though, because he'd have a job for life with that club.

I've belatedly realised that Chelsea are under the illusion that they really ARE Real Madrid, and therefore can attract any manager regardless of how shabbily they treat their predecessors.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Football managers are mainly so arrogant though - they think that it will be different with them. That's why Chelsea probably will get another top level manager. Not Guardiola though, he's got too much to lose - I don't think that he can recreate Barcelona at another club, not without Messi and Iniesta etc - so why spoil a record that approaches perfect by floundering around arguing with Abramovich?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Oh dear. Think Chelsea fans may be self-harming right now. Thought they didn't like managers who won the European Cup through unfeasible luck?

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
At least if he was going to make a joke appointment, he could have gone further and appointed Ian Holloway or Mark Hughes.

crackerjack

This is all part of Rafa's plan to manage Liverpool again. It'll be 'Arry @ Southampton Pt2 - do a number on them, then go back to Anfield a hero.

e/y

1355257750059.gif

welp

IdleRich

IdleRich
The funniest/saddest thing about Arsenal crashing out of the league cup is how annoyed all their fans are. Once upon a time they wouldn't have cared about this cup, now it seems to be the only thing they were going for.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I guess they are still in Europe, though given the potential opposition waiting in the second round, you have to conclude they're only in it for another two weeks. Hopefully for them they won't draw Dortmund.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'd be surprised if any Arsenal fans think that represents a serious chance of winning a trophy. Though I guess if Chelsea can win it why not?

e/y

Obviously the "strength" (lol) / seniority of the players included in the lineup shows that Arsene wanted to win the game and have a go at the cup, but for me it's not even that we won't win a trophy this season (that has been the case for several years and I'm used to it now... #WengeristRealism), it's that the team is now completely inept on a regular basis and also really, really dull to watch.

Last edited: