crackerjack

I'd rather he didn't go to United but Chelsea have treated him so badly, he's a fantastic player and they've barely played him this season. If he does go to United I think they should let Kagawa go, he barely gets a look in as it is and he's more than good enough to be playing first team football somewhere else.

What if you replaced him with Ross Barkley, completing a trio of midfielders who look good enough and young enough to play together for the best part of a decade? Fair play to Mourinho: everyone thought cold-shouldering Mata was insane, but it's working out for them – Oscar has stepped up and Hazard is consistently rather than fleetingly brilliant. At 5/2, they're probably the best-value bet for the title right now.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Guardian home page headline: "Moyes: no team is safe from United"

Headline of actual story:"David Moyes warns team no one is safe as he rebuilds Manchester United"

Oops. At least he got Juan Mata.

Last edited:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Goddamn Chelsea. 39 shots last night, zero goals. They're surely out of the title race now unless they can beat City away, and I'm not getting my hopes up about that

crackerjack

Goddamn Chelsea. 39 shots last night, zero goals. They're surely out of the title race now unless they can beat City away, and I'm not getting my hopes up about that

3-point gap, it's not even February and you're talking about the title race being over? Such defeatism. You have incredible midfield creativity, a much better defence than City and a manager who knows how to win titles. Odds now up to 4/1 – I'm very very tempted, but I don't want to spend the next 3 months cheering fucking Chelsea.

hucks

Your Message Here
3-point gap, it's not even February and you're talking about the title race being over? Such defeatism. You have incredible midfield creativity, a much better defence than City and a manager who knows how to win titles. Odds now up to 4/1 – I'm very very tempted, but I don't want to spend the next 3 months cheering fucking Chelsea.

Exactly. F365 was saying anything other that a win for Chelsea at the Etihad is a disaster. Don't get it at all. Aguero's out for a month again, tough games v Barca may serve as a distraction. It's only January...

In other news, my team (Norwich) have just signed Joseph Yobo on loan. What's the most underwhelming deadline day signing your club's ever made?

crackerjack

In other news, my team (Norwich) have just signed Joseph Yobo on loan. What's the most underwhelming deadline day signing your club's ever made?

Every deadline day is underwhelming for Brighton. Telling Palace to fuck off our players is about as much as we have to look forward to at the moment. Unless Wilson Palacios* rolls back the years to whenever he did whatever it was that made Tottenham sign him and Stoke pay £6m.

Incidentally, are Brighton the only club to take FFP seriously? Maybe they're just using it as an excuse to cut costs, but it's been cited a few times and I literally can't think of a single other club that are even pretending to look fussed.

*tbc

paolo

Mechanical phantoms

Yeah maybe you're right

:D

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
This war of words between Mourinho and Pellegrini just gets better and better. Front page headline on the BBC football site is 'Mourinho questions Pellegrini's maths'

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
UnselfishEvergreenEagle.gif

That was a bit special

nomos

Administrator
I wonder how the Special One would do, nowadays, at a club that wasn't living vastly beyond its means.

crackerjack

If Liverpool (and the Arse too, I suppose) win today the title race has achieved a state of perfect poise:
best squad + most potential points + games in hand + stuttery form vs...
best manager + most points + most consistent vs...
best strike force + best current form + worst defence vs...
injury prone flaky geniuses

Shit could not be hotter.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Yesterday could well have been the day when City got the upper hand over Chelsea. Then again, I said that the contest was over after Chelsea drew at home against West Ham, so who knows

crackerjack

Yesterday could well have been the day when City got the upper hand over Chelsea. Then again, I said that the contestagainst tppver after Chelsea drew at home against West Ham, so who knows

For the first time this season I think there's also a very realistic chance of Liverpool veing champions too. Back to back 3-0 away wins against top-10 teams is the kind of thing champions do.