baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
AND Liverpool play both Chelsea and City at home. Should be set for the best games of the season, winner takes all. Has there ever been a three-way race (sorry, can't see Arsenal doing it) for the Prem this late into the season?

Last edited:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
CL is looking interesting this year. I wouldn't rule out Chelsea beating PSG - they've got a lot of experience at this level, plus Jose

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Surely they're favourites. PSG have never been to a semi, no history whatsoever.

Bayern, Real, Chelsea and....hard to pick the fourth.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah, was definitely saying that partly tongue in cheek. But also I think it might be true - mega-rich teams take a while to acclimatise, perhaps especially as PSG have a comparatively weak home league. I like Ibrahimovic even less than Chelsea (who have some class players tbf), so wouldn't be that gutted...

crackerjack

City still have to visit Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton. Chelsea only play from the top half - everyone else is relegation fodder (Stoke excepted), which I suppose means they'll have something to play for. But I'd much rather see them up against Everton or someone good.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Chelsea are playing like they did in the 90s - great against the big teams, then dropping points against clubs that they should be beating comfortably

hucks

Your Message Here
PL

down, down, down
Norwich (sorry Hucks)
Hull
Palace obviously :D
fun to see what happens - Newcastle, Sunderland, Stoke

wtf? In a league where Ian Holloway, Mark Hughes and Paolo di Canio manage teams, you think we will go down?

In all seriousness, we've bought some really good players this summer. We're loads better than we were, which was easy good enough to stay up, late nerves notwithstanding. Palace, Cardiff and Stoke for me.

Jeeee-sus.

crackerjack

Jeeee-sus.

If it happens, it will give me no satisfaction at all to be proved right. Especially as Palace are staying up spectacularly (if endless 1-0 wins can be called spectacular).
I like Hughton, he seems a rare decent bloke in a world of wankers & I like the fact he used to be a Trot (even if the WRP, whose paper he wrote for, are an awful bunch of freaks and rapists). But he just doesn't seem like a premiership manager to me. Maybe just too nice.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
So who's going to win the Prem and who would you like to win it?

I'm going to say City will get it. I think that Liverpool will drop points against Chelsea, who always raise their game for the big matches, and that City will be able to do enough to overtake them. I also think that Liverpool will also really miss Henderson

I think that while Chelsea may well be able to get something at Anfield they will drop points in games against the smaller teams (Cardiff away on the final day looks dangerous). Playing in the CL as well doesn't help

If Chelsea don't win the title (and I think that they'll be doing well to finish second) then I'd like to see Liverpool get it. I have a long-standing dislike of that team (for no real reason) but I can't deny that they have played some great football this season. Also it would be good to see someone 'new' win it. I say new because I don't remember the last time Liverpool won a title

crackerjack

So who's going to win the Prem and who would you like to win it?

I'm going to say City will get it. I think that Liverpool will drop points against Chelsea, who always raise their game for the big matches, and that City will be able to do enough to overtake them. I also think that Liverpool will also really miss Henderson

I think that while Chelsea may well be able to get something at Anfield they will drop points in games against the smaller teams (Cardiff away on the final day looks dangerous). Playing in the CL as well doesn't help

If Chelsea don't win the title (and I think that they'll be doing well to finish second) then I'd like to see Liverpool get it. I have a long-standing dislike of that team (for no real reason) but I can't deny that they have played some great football this season. Also it would be good to see someone 'new' win it. I say new because I don't remember the last time Liverpool won a title

No predictions here. The Chelsea match is key for Liverpool. Chelsea aren't playing well, but Mourinho will come with a plan and it may well work. If Liverpool only draw, City can overtake them with straight wins. Their visit to Everton is the other huge game left this season.
Big plus for Liverpool that Chelsea beat PSG and the Anfield match is the meat in their semis sandwich that week. I also find myself in the weird position of hoping Palace are 100% safe by May 5 - if those Croydon cunts deny Liverpool the title I'm giving up football for good.