josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
Yes, I second this. Makele is more of the silent assassin type. Gerrard is an all-action box-to-box player.

Man U in general have been unstoppable this season. And I say this as an Arsenal fan. You have to take your hat off to them. The 'pool, predictably, have choked the Premiership again.

hucks

Your Message Here
The 'pool, predictably, have choked the Premiership again.

Was it ever realistic? Between Man U and Liverpool, the first teams are more or less equal, as I am sure we'll see tomorrow/ later today. But beyond Liverpool's 1st team there's nothing. Even their subs are shit. Man U have a squad of +-25 now, and can bring Tevez, Anderson or Giggs off the bench. You can see why Rafa concentrates on the Champions League

Last edited:

crackerjack

I trust we all enjoyed that fine footballing spectacle.....

While Utd may be an insurmountable force over the course of a season, this somewhat vindicates what I've been saying over the past months about them being a bit flattered by this long winning run.

I was wrong about one thing though - Vidic is actually shit :p

And fuck your quintuple - we've done the double :p:p:p:D:D

I've already got a nasty feeling I'm gonna regret this gloating if we meet later in the CL.

hucks

Your Message Here
That's an amazing result. I can't remember anything like that since Man U beat Arsenal 6-1 a few years ago. They'd have to choke massively not to win the league from here, tho.

So, scousers, where did these two performances come from?

Edit: crackerjack, I'm quoting that now so you can't go back and delete it...

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
eight goals in two games from the aerial stealers... they seem to be building up quite a head of a steam for the run-in...

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
Brilliant move by Bender the Enigma for the goal. Diouf should have gone for his "tackle" on Manuel. Allardyce's teams are always such a gang of thugs.

Last edited:

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
And Louie scores again, from the spot. Unbelievable.

(PS I fully realize no-one cares about this except me, but I've started, so I'll finish...)

IdleRich

IdleRich
I was wrong about one thing though - Vidic is actually shit
I guess he was due a fall.

"That first goal was like a Sunday league team defending a hopeful up and under from an overweight midfielder"
Oops, looks as though I can recycle this comment from Wednesday.

So, scousers, where did these two performances come from?
Quite different from Tuesday though wasn't it? United were much the better side in the second half but couldn't get the goal - on Tuesday the score flattered Madrid, today it flattered Liverpool.

crackerjack

It's weird how poor games in high profile matches can have a permanent effect.

i remember Dudek had a great first season at Liverpool, followed it up with a shit world cup and was never the same again.

That footballing sage Jamie Rednapp observed yesterday that Evra has looked shaky ever since getting a roasting from Lennon in the League Cup Final.

Mercy, can this be the end of Nemanja?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Mercy, can this be the end of Nemanja?

nah, though United were abysmal and could not deal with Liverpool's long balls.

another woeful City display in the capital; the Chelsea Headhunters Stall- British Alliance, Chelsea, Rangers, Linfield - you never need reminding what cunts some of those old school CFC cats are, eh.

Kenyon and Buck, two more twats. (though of course on a far lesser scale.)

very cute head from Jenas at the Vile today, i must say.

You were a crap player and you are not even fucking Irish.

Roy Keane to Mick McCarthy.