Bus drivers are cunts

gek-opel

entered apprentice
i dont see the problem with people playing music out loud on public transport

If they were rocking it with an old school ghetto blaster, maybe... but the horrible tinny sound that emerges from a mobile phone is the worst possible way to listen to music. It hardly ever speaks of "public exuberance", (to me anyway) merely an obnoxious desire to devour public space... Im sorely tempted to load up a speaker-phone mobile with as much Merzbow, Xenakis and Diamanda Galas as I can and just sit smugly blasting it out. If possible two different tunes from two different phones at once. But given my lack of demonstrable "hardness" in all likelihood I'd get a slap in about 15 seconds no doubt...

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Heh. A new pub opened recently on the corner of my road very near to where I live, and of course it has a large heated outdoor seating area for the smokers. I find it to be an invasion of space when 30 loud drunken conversations reverberate down the street for hours on end so when things get too out of hand I find that a little Stockhausen, Xenakis or Fushitsusha does a good job of confounding the inconsiderate revelry.

If I'm in a better mood they get Jungle or Neu!.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Neither do I: I hear it.

The last two times I've encountered this, I've asked them to stop it and I've had one turning-off and one turning-down, so I'm going to keep asking, I reckon.

noel emits

I usually find it amusing if it's kids trying to wind up zombified commuters. That might be a bit hypocritical given what I said about the pub but a bus is not my front room.

On a train recently there was a large middle aged african man listening to some pretty nice stuff on his phone and this 'geezer' got on with his woman and immediately started having a go. The big dude just sat there listening until he got to his stop and then just turned around calmly and said 'You should be careful who you confront.' and got off.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
lol, goths

You know the biggest pervs are really straight-laced looking and middle aged.

Besides, what kind of scrub takes his girlfriend out on the bus?

bassnation

the abyss

i use my train ride in the morning to catch up on some sleep and the last thing i want is some spotty teenager waking me up playing some shite tinny rnb through their mobile phone, self conciously looking round to see if anyones impressed / annoyed.

fucks sake, headphones are cheap these days. and play some decent fucking tunes while your at it and we might not lynch you next time. you take your life in your hands annoying people in south london first thing in the morning, believe me.

Last edited:

mixed_biscuits

Would be ideal for trumping spotty youths and their mobiles.

Might also pad you out enough for you to blast your Merzbow with impunity, Gek. ;-)

Last edited:

Pestario

tell your friends
Has anyone rigged up a puffa jacket or similarly voluminous coat with an in-car stereo system?

Would be ideal for trumping spotty youths and their mobiles.

Might also pad you out enough for you to blast your Merzbow with impunity, Gek. ;-)

Nice.

Of course, the logical conclusion of this arms race is a xylophone

*plink*plonk* screwface *plonk*

mixed_biscuits

Surely there's a business opportunity here for the anti-social massive?

noel emits

I think get some 40s classics on a boombox - enlist the help of all the old timers on the bus, have a bit of a sing along and a knees up. That'll teach 'em.