Bus drivers are cunts

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think the best way to trump the phone-broadcasters would be to just carry a massive old '80s boombox with you, and then if anyone starts up you can stand next to them and stick *your* music on at ear-bleeding levels.

The music would have to be either some totally canonical classical like Beethoven or something, or some really and I mean REALLY gay disco. And then you'd sit there cheerily bopping along, snapping your fingers and so on.

mixed_biscuits

Or frazzling their mobiles with a massive electromagnetic pulse from an incomprehensibly small handheld device?

mixed_biscuits

(WARNING: Requires extroverted personality)

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Sit behind the miscreants and loudly declaim your favourite Margaret Thatcher speech."
How about this one?

"a man who, beyond the age of 26, finds himself on a bus can count himself as a failure"

STN

sou'wester
I still think something along the lines of 'what's this? It's great!' should shame them into stopping, if that fails you can follow up with 'hey, have you ever heard of John Cooper Clarke, he's like, the original gangsta rapper'.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Or tell them you're really into 'hop-hip' and start making live-long-and-prosper signs inna gangsta stylee.

Buses really are for losers. Get a bike.

20054491.JPG

20054479.JPG

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/nyregion/29bikes.html

tryptych

waiting for a time
The thing about buses is that the whole system is cunt-laden. The companies are run by cunts, the drivers are cunts, and the passengers are cunts. When I get on a bus I become cunt-like, intolerant, aggressive, impatient. The whole system seemingly amplifies cuntitude, its a feedback system of cuntdom.

That was exactly the reason that made me leave London 4 years ago - commuting, whether by bus or tube made me feel like I was becoming a cunt. Avoiding commuting (to an extent) is the only way I could tolerating being back here, tbh.

Now I cycle to work, which exposes you to absolutely horrible behaviour from buses (and cars) on a daily basis. Worst thing I saw was a bus cutting up a cyclist, who pulled in front of the bus (now stopped) to have a word with the driver. Driver promptly started ranting at him, then slammed the buss forward about 4 feet trying to hit the stationary cyclist in front of him. He missed, but I was incensed - I offered to be a witness if the cyclist wanted to complain...

mms

sometimes
Is there a way of cancelling out the music with some wave-inverting noise erasing tool?

Or frazzling their mobiles with a massive electromagnetic pulse from an incomprehensibly small handheld device?

there is a device that can cut out mobile phones that is available but of course you're not allowed to use it.
it is a small hand held device