fighting

mms

sometimes
i got in a fight last night, or rather i attempted to break up a fight when a guy dressed as a bear at a Halloween party threw a punch at my mate, i got between them which didn't stop him attacking me instead, i got a black eye and a bleeding nose.

i went outside to chill where a nice guy dressed as amy winehouse gave me some tissues for my nose, i was quite chilled about it all and said i liked his costume.
Then the guy who punched me came out and i kind of involuntarily leapt at him and had a go but got pulled off by some of his ott mates who seem to have fucked my arm up a bit as well, i just wanted to hurt the guy after he just laid into me.

i was calm after that and started talking to the guy who's party it was about what had happened, it turned out my rather drunk girlfriend had riled him a bit cos she flicked a bit of water over the back of his costume, the guy seemed to overeact pretty sensationally, after he had a very short arguement with a friend i was with and decided to attack him.

The guy who's party it was was a bit of a twat about it, even though i calmly and rationally explained what had happened, but he said since the bloke was his mate they asked us to leave, i called him a pussy for not dealing with his mate too and he got in a right mood and told me he 'knew people who could deal with me' and all that empty nonsense.
My girlfriend was really really fucking livid and upset, so on top of everything i had to contend with that for a good hour.
i'm a bit pissed off about the whole sequence of events i think it's alright to try and break up fights etc, but i'm not sure whether i'll bother again, it's someone elses business really, i was pretty innocent, apart from jumping on him afterwards which was silly but felt neccesary at the time. Now i've got to tell people why i have a black eye whivh is just boring.
People that start fights usually like fighting. i think my mate who i was initially defending quite likes fighting, i've known people who love it, i've never really enjoyed it.
does anyone here actually enjoy a good ruck?

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

make sure you get checked for a concussion!! and then sue. that's what i'd do, anyway.

swears

preppy-kei
Fucking horrible, I hate it. Got my arsed kicked a few times at school and nights out, nothing too serious. Had a mate put in hospital by a bunch of coked-up twats for no reason, just in the wrong place at the wrong time (outside a chippy in Liverpool at three in the morning after a night out.)

One funny story I heard was: My mate's little brother is a bit of a emo haircut type, but he does ku fung and is pretty hard. Some arseholes punched his epileptic mate in the back of head (this is just a suprise attack from behind, they didn't even know these fellas, it was just because they looked a bit like "moshers" or something) His mate starts fitting on the pavement, and these pricks run off. Kung-fu kid catches up with his friend's assailant and starts twatting him, the guy starts crying like a baby and begging him to let him go. I mean, what did he expect? Fucking coward.

*Rant over*'

swears

preppy-kei
I know we're all supposed to think Harmony's a spoilt rich kid chancer who hates poor people, but I think that was sort of interesting.

It's one thing to write/paint/act violent scenes, or be "transgressive", but who's actually willing to get hospitalised for their art?

mms

sometimes
hes a funny guy, he was a smack head for a bit, and this terrible new film is a recovery film i think - it's dreadful tho - a real betrayal.
quite a few people get hospitalised for their art i would think, im not sure whether goading people to beat you up is art it's more or less just pathetic.

N

nomadologist

hmmm...it might be a way for him to distract himself from the voice in his head that says "score" about once every three seconds. or it could be that he wants a morphine drip.

zhao

there are no accidents
it's a good thing i wear eye glasses. if i didn't some motherfuckers would be missing limbs right now. really want to keep studying kung-fu but haven't found a new teacher...

henry s

Street Fighting Man
I got into my one and only fight when I was about 15 or so...some other guy (well, kid...we both were) tried to wind me up, and my friends were all "you gonna take that from him"?, so I said "you and me, hallway, NOW...(this was in Music Class, where all the great fights broke out)...he clearly wanted a go, 'cos he immediately followed me out, we turned and I just started a rapid-fire body blow assault...(I had seen another guy fight with fists underhand, palms facing up, so I gave it a shot)...it worked, the other kid gave up, and the Principal grabbed us both be the collar and into his office, where we shook hands...have to admit, I got a bit of a rush from it all, and was given a heroes' welcome when I returned to class...(after that, the Principal would give me a wink in the hallway and call me "Rocky")...

I was not able to punch the other kid in the face (I have two brothers, and in our history of rough-housing, nobody has ever punched anybody else in the face...I think we all reckoned it was taboo)...

anyway, never have come close to a fight since, and in no way could I even conceive of seeking one out if not provoked...guess I got it out of my system, decided to quit while I was ahead...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
make sure you get checked for a concussion!! and then sue. that's what i'd do, anyway.

I really, really hope you are joking.

I try to avoid fights but I am not particularly averse to them either. The kind of fights I don't like are those big brawl types where it's like 15 on 15. It's all a bit confusing and I end up frantically looking around and scratching my head until someone punches me.

N

nomadologist

about the last two thirds of that post i was joking. the first part i was serious though. it's really important to check--i got a concussion once from hitting my forehead on a metal desk (after being awake for a week, don't ask) and it really really really fucked me up for about a month. i got random fits of rage for no reason and didn't make any sense when i talked.

need to get the full neuro work up if you get clocked

Dial

I know we're all supposed to think Harmony's a spoilt rich kid chancer who hates poor people, but I think that was sort of interesting.

It's one thing to write/paint/act violent scenes, or be "transgressive", but who's actually willing to get hospitalised for their art?

Yeh, I think its interesting too. The original piece I read gave a better account of how mortified the bouncer was. That bit of humiliation turned me off.

STN

sou'wester
Oh, and mms, the geezer who's party it was sounds a bit of a chief. If one of my friends behaved as his did they would get a big old telling off from me and be ejected, then you would be grovelled to (or at the very least, offered a very heartfelt apology from me).

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Didn't end up in a fight but recently I got ejected from a club for complaining to the promoter about the behaviour of one of his mates. It was a most bizarre situation but basically these two twats as I saw it were the sort of people that like to try and give it some when they know they have the bouncers there to back them up. Just this pointless exertion of spurious 'authority'.