s e x

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
It might be even more fun for US to write the papers that we imagine Gavin will have to read.

Anything but my own midterms, really.

"Fight Club is a film about men. These men have started a club that likes to fight and it represents the internal struggles of being men in our saciety."

"They hit each other and shit and then the Other tries to come in, but it's cool cos the Pixies save them in the end"

N

nomadologist

Yes, women can be incredibly vile to each other, but I think that let's them be more affectionate to each other at times... like when a woman compliments a stranger on her clothes/accessory, I love that so much.

In theory, I defend women all the time.

In practice, I'd probably rather do anything than be in a room with a few.

mistersloane

I finally decided that a PhD is the only way for me to go.

Especially because, I was thinking, academia is so nice about mood disorder diagnosis. I would probably be able to take "medical leave" for like a year at a time every 6 months.

really? Fuck I just couldn't. I sooooooo fucked off everyone on my course, it was horrible. I shouldn't be allowed by nature, let alone law.

N

nomadologist

"They hit each other and shit and then the Other tries to come in, but it's cool cos the Pixies save them in the end"

"Lacan said there was a thing called the mirror faze and these men are exactly like Lacan describes. They are like infants and mamas boys, who have no idea what a real fight would be like in the real world."

N

nomadologist

really? Fuck I just couldn't. I sooooooo fucked off everyone on my course, it was horrible. I shouldn't be allowed by nature, let alone law.

Summers off? Sabbatical? Buying drugs from your students? (I used to sell to professors all the time) In some little shit industrial waste town in upstate New York a commuter train ride from Manhattan?

Heaven.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
"Fight Club is a film about men. These men have started a club that likes to fight and it represents the internal struggles of being men in our saciety."

You have to throw in "basically" and "kind of" every sentence and you're halfway to a B!

Jesus, http://www.laddertheory.com/

1chart-mw.gif

1. Bob Meets Jane
2. Bob sizes her up based on the above criterion
3. Bob puts her on the ladder
4. Bob meets Connie
5. Bob sizes her up based on the above criterion
6. Bob puts her on the ladder above Jane

I don't think I've ever had a ladder like this... what is wrong with being friends with people you find attractive? This isn't The Real World, you can't just fuck everyone you meet.

mistersloane

Summers off? Sabbatical? Buying drugs from your students? (I used to sell to professors all the time) In some little shit industrial waste town in upstate New York a commuter train ride from Manhattan?

Heaven.

Management. Education. Teachers. The smell. I reacted like a skunk to a predator.

mistersloane

You have to throw in "basically" and "kind of" every sentence and you're halfway to a B!

I don't think I've ever had a ladder like this... what is wrong with being friends with people you find attractive? This isn't The Real World, you can't just fuck everyone you meet.

OK I'd be well up for marking your papers via the ladder theory.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual

Heaven.

Maybe too heavenly, I think the midlife crisis hits especially hard because you don't really have to function like people with real jobs. You can just flake the fuck out if you've got tenure. Actually, might count that among the bonuses...

N

nomadologist

Jesus, http://www.laddertheory.com/

1chart-mw.gif

I don't agree with these graphs at all.

First: I ONLY hang out with attractive people. If I wouldn't fuck you, I probably wouldn't hang out with you either. Sorry! (This isn't 100% physical, either, certain talents and traits count against mediocre looks)

Second: I know just as many men who are attracted to power and who keep dog ugly girls around just to feel pursued as anybody. This ladder theory is like Maxim's idea of how the world works.

Third: Most men KNOW the girl on the "top" of their ladder is nowhere near attainable. After they grow up and realize this, then they realize that they want to hang out with fun people, not some girl who is going to turn her nose up at him.

mistersloane

Maybe too heavenly, I think the midlife crisis hits especially hard because you don't really have to function like people with real jobs. You can just flake the fuck out if you've got tenure. Actually, might count that among the bonuses...

But what about the students that hate you? I couldn't deal with coming across a me. God I turn into a totalcunt in academia and I really shouldnt be let anywhere near it, i should paint landscapes or something.

Something to do with not having hot tutors this time round, I think one should be able to rate tutors on fuckability.

N

nomadologist

and I don't care how much money you have. if you ain't cute, i don't want to hit it

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I think all those things are addressed on that guy's site. It's pretty humorous and ironic really. And although it might be Maxim's idea of the world - people buy Maxim.

N

nomadologist

Something to do with not having hot tutors this time round, I think one should be able to rate tutors on fuckability.

I am pretty disappointed that I never got around to fucking any professors. Some of them still invite me to their kids birthday parties and family gatherings!!

mistersloane

I am pretty disappointed that I never got around to fucking any professors. Some of them still invite me to their kids birthday parties and family gatherings!!

I think my problem is much the opposite. But that weren't nothin to do with me hating bein at college, it was to do with It, and I'm afraid I gotta duck out, it's middle class corruption and I'd prefer not to, certainly in the UK, it's a points system, so if you quote your mate and you get published in a journal, then if you're part of the system and you're teaching at that, then you can get more money for your course via this points system of quotes, it opened my eyes as to history - who gets remembered where and why - and with regard to that version, I'd rather have my dick sucked well than just the bell end licked.

N

nomadologist

hmm good points.

what if i try to be a really bad teacher? like the ones who give everyone an A no matter what?

i had a bunch of those

N

nomadologist

I think all those things are addressed on that guy's site. It's pretty humorous and ironic really. And although it might be Maxim's idea of the world - people buy Maxim.

Don't remind me! People also try to say that schizophrenia (because it cropped up as a form of resistance to capitalism) is DERIVED from capitalism.

mistersloane

very weird aside but felix dennis, who owns maxim, played a key figure in my brother in law's breakdown.