s e x

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
but more importantly, its a first grade empathogen with a depth and clarity that is matched by no other drug, especially not crap like acid - which is very much regarded as a neophyte kind of experience over here.

out of interest, has anyone here ever taken E while on SSRIs. I found that the ecstasy is MUCH less potent - still pleasant, but lacking in the depth referred to above.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
but more importantly, its a first grade empathogen with a depth and clarity that is matched by no other drug, especially not crap like acid - which is very much regarded as a neophyte kind of experience over here.
Agree with the first part but the second bit is a very different perspective to mine.

Much as I like good mdma I do see it as a bit of a regressive womb drug where acid is a deliciously high minded philosopher of a thing.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
out of interest, has anyone here ever taken E while on SSRIs. I found that the ecstasy is MUCH less potent - still pleasant, but lacking in the depth referred to above.

Don't they work in similar ways anyway? I'ver heard coming off antidepressants after a long course is similar to a bad comedown off pills. I can't take E anymore, I feel suicidal for about a week afterwards, fucking horrible.

noel emits

I tried taking really weak SSRIs for a week or two and it felt like being on really shoddy pills, which I suppose is what it was. Didn't like it at all and couldn't come. How is that supposed to make you happier? I know you're supposed to take them for longer but it just felt toxic and wrong so I stopped. *shudders*

bassnation

the abyss
Agree with the first part but the second bit is a very different perspective to mine.

Much as I like good mdma I do see it as a bit of a regressive womb drug where acid is a deliciously high minded philosopher of a thing.

well, its all very subjective and it depends how you approach it - but all i know is that i've had life-changing moments of self realisation on e, whereas acid hasn't even come close to doing the same. i don't accept the womb thing - e taught me to understand other people better, to reach out, not to insulate.

noel emits

I was going to say it was an infantile yuppie smug drug for western buddhists and students so womb was being kind ;)

I'm glad it works for you but how many times have you seen supposed life changing experiences and insights evaporate with the depressing inevitability of alcohol bonhomie or cocaine camaraderie? Either that or it ends up with unhealthily dependent emotional bonds being formed between people where they probably shouldn't have.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Don't they work in similar ways anyway? I'ver heard coming off antidepressants after a long course is similar to a bad comedown off pills. I can't take E anymore, I feel suicidal for about a week afterwards, fucking horrible.

I think they probably do. Yeah, coming off antidepressants is terrifying....never had a comedown off pills.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I tried taking really weak SSRIs for a week or two and it felt like being on really shoddy pills, which I suppose is what it was. Didn't like it at all and couldn't come. How is that supposed to make you happier? I know you're supposed to take them for longer but it just felt toxic and wrong so I stopped. *shudders*

I take pills that happen to also be SSRIs for anxiety attacks (paroxetine), and they work pretty well. As I said however, trying to come off is utterly nightmarish.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
how many times have you seen supposed life changing experiences and insights evaporate with the depressing inevitability of alcohol bonhomie or cocaine camaraderie? Either that or it ends up with unhealthily dependent emotional bonds being formed between people where they probably shouldn't have.

I've personally never seen anyone change on a permanent basis as a result of E... the change back to a rigid lack of emotion after the night out wears off is just horribly depressing.

noel emits

I take pills that happen to also be SSRIs for anxiety attacks (paroxetine), and they work pretty well. As I said however, trying to come off is utterly nightmarish.
Actually it was anxiety I went to the doc's about.

Instead I sorted it by changing things in my situation and attitude, practicing meditation and breathing and eating better. The anxiety was clearly trying to tell me something. Like, stop worrying you idiot!

The drugs made me much more anxious anyway so I think it was just a wrong prescription / diagnosis.

Last edited:

Lichen

I can't take E anymore, I feel suicidal for about a week afterwards, fucking horrible.

Snap. Last time it was WEEKS before I felt the warm lapping of serotonin on the shores of my mind. No pleasure to be had in anything.

Never again. :(

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Actually it was anxiety I went to the doc's about.

Instead I sorted it by changing things in my situation and attitude, practicing meditation and breathing and eating better. The anxiety was clearly trying to tell me something. Like, stop worrying you idiot!

The drugs made me much more anxious anyway so I think it was just a wrong prescription / diagnosis.

Ah, ok. Definitely does sound like the diagnosis was wrong; with my experience of doctors, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Changes in daily routine are really important too - couldn't agree more.

bassnation

the abyss
I was going to say it was an infantile yuppie smug drug for western buddhists and students so womb was being kind ;)

I'm glad it works for you but how many times have you seen supposed life changing experiences and insights evaporate with the depressing inevitability of alcohol bonhomie or cocaine camaraderie? Either that or it ends up with unhealthily dependent emotional bonds being formed between people where they probably shouldn't have.

well, cocaine and alcohol are a different story. not much good has come out of those drugs for me personally.

but no, i stand by what i said. the experiences i had on mdma changed me forever as a person. i know lots of people who feel the same. it brought about a fundamental change into the way i view and treat others. there was things i learnt from lsd concerning the fabric of reality which was revelatory at the time i suppose, but even that pales into insignificance in terms of the practical effect it has had on my life as a whole. and e is the least smug drug out there. you could just as easily say lsd is a short cut to enlightenment for smug western hippies, or coke is the ultimate capitalist experience for smug yuppies. but e does not fit into any of those pigeon holes that easily.

it can be dark too - the empathy thing cuts both ways. feeling others emotions or pain is not always pleasant in a big city like london. but i would not have it any other way.

everyones different though, and this is a very subjective opinion.

oh and i'd just like to add that some of my best friends were made in my raving years, who remain so to this day, despite the fact that we don't rave or take pills much anymore. it doesn't have to be fake.

Last edited:

Lichen

well, cocaine and alcohol are a different story. not much good has come out of those drugs for me personally.

Cocaine made me a better person. I used to waste my time listening to what other people had to say, respond thoughtfully, maybe laugh a little.

Now I just blather incessanlty RIGHT OVER THEM and I've developed this great ack-ack machine gun laugh. I'm really a great guy to be around.

noel emits

oh and i'd just like to add that some of my best friends were made in my raving years, who remain so to this day, despite the fact that we don't rave or take pills much anymore. it doesn't have to be fake.
I understand that, but then they might as well have become friends if you'd met them under other circumstances.

Maybe we all have our appropriate drug adjustments to make - if you are too nice then take cocaine. Too mean and self centred? Have an e.

I say e is smug because it makes you (OK me) feel all nice and self satisfied. It's a great sense of acceptance but it's just always tinged with melancholy and ultimately beyond reach. See how it becomes just like a compulsive consumption thing with ravers popping ever more and more pills to try and prolong the dream or make it real.

Anyway you're right - it's a totally personal thing.

I like mda - it's more honest and just gets you completely blasted. Much less empathy than mdma. 2cb is wicked too.

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
I say e is smug because it makes you (OK me) feel all nice and self satisfied. It's a great sense of acceptance but it's just always tinged with melancholy and ultimately beyond reach. See how it becomes just like a compulsive consumption thing with ravers popping ever more and more pills to try and prolong the dream or make it real..

I'll take you up to the highest heights
Let's spread our wings and fly away
Surround you with love that's pure delight
Release your spirit, set you free
Come and feel my energy
Let's be as one in soul and mind
I'll fill your world with ecstacy
Touch all your dreams way down inside

Let me be your fantasy
Let me be your fantasy, yeah
Let me be your fantasy
Let me be your fantasy

Let me be your fantasy
Let me touch your dreams
Just spread your wings and fly away

Come take a trip to my wonderland
Let's spread our wings and fly away
Lotions of love flow through your hands
See vision's colours everyday
Let me feel your warm embrace
Release the colours in your mind
I'll put a smile upon your face
I've got what it takes to make you mine

Let me be your fantasy
Let me be your fantasy, yeah-eah-eah-eah
Let me be your fantasy
I'll take you higher...
Yeah-eah-eah-eah-eah-eah

lol, well thats it - thread effectively derailed into a discussion of the merits of ecstasy! ha ha.

N

nomadologist

you have simply never done good acid. trust me.

i maybe have never done good pills. the best i ever had had pictures of bacardi batman logo on em. they were the only e pills i did that felt good.

liquid acid is 55 million times more ecstatic than e. also, people have different body chemistry.

i took topamax for a long time, that shit makes amphetamines feel like the worst crack ever.

N

nomadologist

you think acid doesn't change my life forever? every time i do it???

N

nomadologist

Cocaine made me a better person. I used to waste my time listening to what other people had to say, respond thoughtfully, maybe laugh a little.

Now I just blather incessanlty RIGHT OVER THEM and I've developed this great ack-ack machine gun laugh. I'm really a great guy to be around.

Yeah, I started doing coke when I was 16, so you can imagine what a great teen I was to be around!

Before I started doing coke, I didn't care about having nice things, either, and I refused to go around town wearing anything that was for "attention getting" purposes, but then after I started doing coke it was like MARC JACOBS PLEASE and stealing a lot.

When my friends come over, we mostly just scream at each other telling different stories, and say "jesus what is the music, turn it off? this infernal racket?"

N

nomadologist

yeah huh

it dont work!!