gumdrops

oh leave her alone! they shd have done an animated video. id like to see a half decent funky video. best one so far was the original KIG one. do you mind and in the morning are crud.

joe.dfx

who knows...
lol you all know you'd still hit it ; )

anyway...

im sure it's been mentioned a dozen times, but im at work and too lazy/dont have time to dig through the whole thread..

besides ukfunky.com (or whatever it is) what are the other good spots to grab funky mp3s? (i found a few on boomkat, and beatport is pretty limited)...is there some magical place elsewhere or must i resort to cutting tunes from myspace clips to play out to impress the galz? ; )

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
besides ukfunky.com (or whatever it is) what are the other good spots to grab funky mp3s? (i found a few on boomkat, and beatport is pretty limited)...is there some magical place elsewhere or must i resort to cutting tunes from myspace clips to play out to impress the galz? ; )

Juno download.

gumdrops

True. On the face of things, they seem a bit out of proportion. ;) ;)

LOL :p

really tho, i think its great that funky is throwing up artists who are not er as visually attractive as they are vocally. makes a change from the usual R&B femme fare. BIG look for the scene (pun unintended, honest, didnt realise til i typed it).

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
really tho, i think its great that funky is throwing up artists who are not er as visually attractive as they are vocally. makes a change from the usual R&B femme fare. BIG look for the scene (pun unintended, honest, didnt realise til i typed it).

Yup, totally agree with that.

franz

in case you missed it, the Scratcha DVA and Deep Tecknologi set on the rinse podcast is heinous amounts of fire. should be heard before the link dies.

anyone managed to get the latest Fantastic 4 show off the Rinse podcast and can be bothered to reup it? i've been trying for 3 days in a row but the rinse site is giving me air...

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I was looking forward to Wbeeza, based on what Elgato had said about him and the Circle thing, so I poked my head in. I thought he was rather dull and left. There's a good chance it wasn't actually him though, the timetable seemed a little shaky. Guess I missed out.

2562 was playing some stuff that sounded, well, a bit like 2562 doing Funky really. With his broken beat background I guess it wouldn't be that surprising. You got any idea if it was his stuff Ben?

mms

sometimes
getting back to funky is this new?
did i miss it?
I have the old version ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mms

sometimes
is this "any house" or "different 'aaaaase" tho ?

sounds like fairly generic but well made linear technoish 'deep' dubby house, i can see why some people here might be into that but it culd have been made anytime anywhere in the last 15 years.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
mms said:
it culd have been made anytime anywhere in the last 15 years.

yeah i don't have a problem with that in itself, though i don't think it's as simple as that in this case

some of his stuff is quite dubbed out but i can't really connect it to techno above anything else. heavy detroit influence certainly. it's a shame the clips on his myspace are so short, he has so many beautiful vocals and sweeping synths that weave in and out of his tunes

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

so sick

i find it exciting that stuff like this is being made and played alongside other strands of london house

Last edited: