mms

sometimes
yeah i don't have a problem with that in itself, though i don't think it's as simple as that in this case

some of his stuff is quite dubbed out but i can't really connect it to techno above anything else. heavy detroit influence certainly

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

so sick

i find it exciting that stuff like this is being made and played alongside other strands of london house

i like the vocodery vocal cos it reminds me of london bridge is falling down by newcleus the rest of it sounds like a generic take on detroit beatdown stuff, i guess these guys would be making this stuff regardless of funky pricking a few ears though wouldn't they, i mean it already has a kinda place in the global deep house world really.

BareBones

wheezy
what festival was this ben? wasn't wbeeza getting lumped in with all that dubbage stuff? i bought a wbeeza ep a while back and wasn't totally enamoured with it to be honest, but that bichez tune is nice...

hint

party record with a siren
getting back to funky is this new?
did i miss it?
I have the old version ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is the version I have on the 12" from 2002 (or thereabouts). One of my favourite Sticky prods evarrrrrrr. I play it as often as possible.

Last edited:

dave

the day today tonight
Wbeeza sounds rad, no matter if it's not full of new ideas.

My workmate bought a whitelabel of In The Morning for me.. stoked! I know we've gone on and on about this but it's just such a killer tune.

mms

sometimes
This is the version I have on the 12" from 2002 (or thereabouts). One of my favourite Sticky prods evarrrrrrr. I play it as often as possible.

ok that must be the version i have

spooky. someone was playing it on the radio yesterday and pulled it back about 4 times so i asumed it must be a new version - need to pull that out, it's a belter..

Last edited:

Simon78

New Roska tune out on red and blue vinyl
http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=MR007F
http://www.bm-soho.com/store/AutoKey/110109/roskaconcrete/jungle

Without It is the one for me out of that lot. Sounds like the old stuff he was making.

Anybody know if there are any big tunes coming out soon? I haven't really been hearing anything amazing on the radio recently. Where are the new tunes like Seasons, Buss It, Funky Flex, Jumeriah Riddim, The Print, Frontline & African Warrior?

gumdrops

i like the funky remix of that jeremiah tune.

wanna hear a funky remix of this too -

love it already but wouldnt mind seeing what someone else did with it.
im not really hearing any massive tunes like the first load of funky tunes either. but then this scene has never moved very quickly has it?

S

simon silverdollar

there'll be loads of new tunes about once everyone is back from ayia napa though? seems to happen every year...

Simon78

there'll be loads of new tunes about once everyone is back from ayia napa though? seems to happen every year...

Yeah, that is what Slackk was saying to me.

In The Morning was the last tune I was waiting to be released and I haven't really heard anything big since then on the radio or out.

I will see what Roska is playing at Chockablock at the end of the month.

powerpill

BEYOND, The Funky Monthly returns to Plastic People!

BEYOND

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 3RD

MARCUS NASTY

COOLY G

FINGAPRINT

ROSKA

SCRATCHA DVA

Hosted by: MC VERSATILE

9pm - Late / £5 B4 10pm / £7 After

Thursday 3rd September, 1st Thursday every month thereafter

Plastic People, 147 Curtain Rd, EC2A