alex

Do not read this.
lol, ok. Well I would go as far to say as he takes a slight influence from burial, he hardly is a burial rip off though? And because he uses cut up R&B samples? That is a bit of a shallow critique/comparison, looks like you are looking for a reason not to like his tunes?

luka

im trying to rationalise my dislike which i think is different from looking for a reason to dislike him.
the beat is apologetic. the mood is lugubrious. this seems to me to be a fairly standard template/
feel free to try and sell him to me. maybe on the dubstep thread though.

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
The Ustream @ bok_bok's place last night was good, ikonika, kingdom, jam city, G-Unit etc... nuff sick tunes.

luka

lol.. come on dubsteppers, stop making your comments on the funky thread, you got your own one to use!

http://vulive.co.uk/content/2010/01/31/havoc-24-jan-2010/

24th Jan show with FRESH underground cuts from Ill Blu, Mj Cole, S. Chu, El B, Addictive Soul, McLean, Geeneus, K Warren, Apple and much more ! Also a BONUS 60min House mixdown

im going to have a listen to this now

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
snore

the deadboy mix is one of the best things i've heard all year, and one of the beautiful things about this 'moment' is the frequency with which people post in the grime, funky, dubstep, house or wonky threads, accompanying their thoughts with 'not sure if this should really go in the x thread instead?'

mos dan

fact music
either way - really enjoying the ossie stuff, cheers luka. perhaps too much going on in that jaz remix for me (i love the original too TOO much - in a 'you better not mess with it' sort of way), but i really like the amerie and omarion ones

luka

yeah alright i'll stop banging on about it... anyway if i dont you'll just do it more to wind me up.... i would anyway.

Tim F

The Greyman remix of "Lions, Tigers & Bears" is A+.

It's funny how THE R&B divas in UK funky are Teedra and Jazmine - must be their mix of full-bodied soulfulness with contemporary R&B mores.

One way you can tell the difference between UK funky and "future garage" not merely by the beats is by the kind of R&B vocals they tend to plump for.

tom lea

theres barely any dubstep at all in deadboy's fact mix so why would ppl talk about it in the dubstep thread. a martyn track n a joy orbison track, thats about it.

luka you might even like it, its more enjoyable than listening to individual tunes off youtube

http://www.factmag.com/2010/01/04/fact-mix-112-deadboy/

1. Three Chairs – No Drum Machine Pt.2 (three chairs)
2. Deadboy – Brock Lee Riddim (Well Rounded)
3. Deadboy – Heartbreaker (Well Rounded)
4. Theo Parrish – Soul Control (Sound Signature)
5. Martyn – For Lost Relatives (Aus Music)
6. Julio Bashmore – Footsteppin (unreleased)
7. Scott Garcia – It’s a London Thing (Underground Connection)
8. Deadboy – Lingua (unreleased)
9. El-B – Assassin (Ghost)
10. Cassie – Official Girl (deadboy unofficial girl remix)
11. Smokin’ Beats – Dreams (Smokin Beats)
12. Joy Orbison – J.Doe (forthcoming DLDRMS)
13. D-Malice – My Joy refix (white)
14. Deadboy – U Cheated (Well Rounded)
15. Burgaboy – You and Me (Strickly Bangorz)
16. Deadboy – If U Want Me (forthcoming Numbers)

luka

i'll tell you what not only will i listen to it, i'll even refrain from making snide comments if i dont like it. tomorrow though. its night time now and ive just started listening to something else.

mos dan

fact music
the drop on the my joy refix, mmmmm. why haven't i heard that played out in a rave? is it super rare or something? #dubignorance

Tim F

Oh I missed that one - one UK funky track then. And a great one! Yeah Dan I don't know that it's that common? I've only ever heard Footloose play it. Massive tune.

tom lea

i'll tell you what not only will i listen to it, i'll even refrain from making snide comments if i dont like it. tomorrow though. its night time now and ive just started listening to something else.
make snide comments if you want, it's not my mix, i just think its really good. but i love melancholy vibes in garage more than pretty much anything, whether its deadboy or darkstar or the wideboys, so it's right up my alley.