Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^ More blog posts from Tim would def be welcome.

Seeing as we've talking about a few different remixes lately, I thought I'd take the chance to bring up this one: Ossie's remix of Bopstar ft Baby Sol - Material Thing. Cheers to corpsey for the heads-up on it a while back.
Based on a few listens I'd say it's not my absolute favourite thing he's done, but it's still very accomplished. Best bit for me is prob the repeating worldless vocal and how it interacts with the rest of the melody.

Also while I'm here I may as well post this, Funkystepz - Pastor Lucas Riddim
Free download link on the video page.
Very entertaining even though I don't really watch Eastenders.

BareBones

wheezy
Also while I'm here I may as well post this, Funkystepz - Pastor Lucas Riddim

hahaaaa! that's brilliant - best thing i've seen since this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Blackdown

nexKeysound
This and what you say afterwards is SPOT ON Andy. What really distinguishes funky is the sheer variety of strategies it deploys to create energy, hype, drama etc.

I often think of simon reynolds' idea of "zones of fruitless intensification" - one way to define what constitutes fruitless vs fruitful is maybe "monointensification" vs "polyintensification". When scenes are taking a whole variety of different approaches to expanding their sound while still maintaining a distinct unified vibe - it's the best of possible worlds innit.

One thing that's unusual about uk funky is that, despite the fact that anyone seriously following the scene would say undeniably that the scene has mutated a lot over the past two years, its stylistic coordinates haven't changed fundamentally, because instead of developing in one direction it's basically developed outwards in all directions.

i'd be interested in how you cluster the general areas of activity right now tim....

wise

bare BARE BONES
Kinda wish I hadn't listened to that list, now i'm just really gutted about all the great music I won't be able to get my hands on :(

wise

bare BARE BONES
really? that's good news then, what's promo'd?

I know Donaeo will be available, all the ill blu remixes, the DVA, the Drake remix, Redlight & Emvee are out

The ones I really want are:
House Girls 6 (obv)
Aramac - Hurt Inside
T2 Better Off As Friends
Bad Girl - Champion remix

Greyman XZero is a free download which is nice

that drake remix? does less than nothing for me.. and i always preferred the funk butcher remix of omg to ill blu’s.
for me, the list needs this (or phone home, prefer this still)
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
and this (the second bit, a complex thing)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
The ones I really want are:
House Girls 6 (obv)
Aramac - Hurt Inside
T2 Better Off As Friends
Bad Girl - Champion remix

Snap, pretty much. Especially Hurt Inside, such a great tune. His myspace says it's coming out 'soon', but who knows really.
60 Hertz by SMI is available on iTunes iirc.
The other tune from that blogpost that I really want to see get a proper release before the end of the year is I Can't Lose, it's just gorgeous.
It was really handy getting IDs for XZero, Invasion Countdown and Stop That, I've heard them in quite a few sets now (they're perfect set-building material really).