Benny Bunter

Maybe better suited for the questions you're dying to ask thread, but could somebody explain the get down game to me?

lol, you're like the 5th person who's asked this on here!

Word association innit. A bit like Timmy Mallet, if you like...

edit: only with less rules obv

Last edited:

rrrivero

I thought it would be something like that, only that some of the associations were a bit too broad that they became confusing. Wheel of fortune -> Quahog for instance.

Didn't stop me from enjoying the video though, it didn't really matter what they were doing, everything just seemed right

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^Cheers man, downloading now. Liking the April Saturday set you posted, wasn't sure if non-stop Deepeo would work but it does.
Heartbeat remix is ace, nice one Tom

rrrivero

I'm warming up to it, didn't like it at first.

edit: figured out why: phonica sample cuts straight to the chase

editedit: that murdz86 set posted a few pages back lived well up to its expectations

Last edited:

rrrivero

DJ Whitecoat and Alx Sosa with Weeksey, SmooveKriminal, Eastwood, MC Jaspa, Jae Elle

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
haven't listened yet but this looks BIG. First track goes so well with this beer of mine right now

Deja Vu has 997 followers : O

In the day that's passed, they've managed to make it to...998

A ton of new stuff up on Majornotes' soundcloud

edit: aaaand they've made it to 1000

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Also very impressed with this new-ish Redlight tune, sounds kinda Champion-esque:
Imo much better than than the single he has out currently (which is already decent enough, don't get me wrong).

gumdrops

that redlight track is nuts.
whoa.
his tracks are a bit loud tho.
but he is a dnb producer so not surprising.
i do have a sort of image of him in my head as a kind of basement jaxx of funky though, i dont know why.
not a dis to BJ either, i liked their earlier stuff.

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^ Yeah I know what you mean, part of why I like Planet X is that it seems slightly more 'controlled' and rhythm-centered than some of his other tunes. Ones like Source 16 and Progress do sound a bit like sounds from jump-up d'n'b stuck over a house beat, and they kind of work (esp Source 16) but this sort of tune clicks with me more. I do like Redlight though, Stupid with Roses Gabor is basically a classic at this stage imo.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Also very impressed with this new-ish Redlight tune, sounds kinda Champion-esque:
Imo much better than than the single he has out currently (which is already decent enough, don't get me wrong).

The main riff on this is almost exactly the same as a tune by El-B, isn't it? Can't remember the tune though...

Anyway, pretty big. It does make me think that funky could easily become as punishingly/tediously loud and repetitive as jump up DNB, though, if everyone went down the Champion route. It's good, though. I used to have to pretend to hate Clipz when I was a DNB nerd. This thin veil of tastefulness always collapsed when I heard his much-loathed 'Hand Grenade' RMX while on pills in a rave.

gumdrops

champion has a certain restrain/control to it tho which is what makes him diff to redlight. redlight seems to produce everything on full on banger mode.