It's "Complicated" by Ralf Gum, I assume? Haven't actually listened to the set, just going off the lyrics. There are a few remixes of it from the original release and I've heard a couple of versions on it on Live so you might need to snoop around a bit?

Lovely vocal though.

This is probably the remix of it though, the DJ Christos one-

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7RQ2j7s4uUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

It's "Complicated" by Ralph Gum. There are a few remixes of it from the original release and I've heard a couple of versions on it on Live so you might need to snoop around a bit?

Lovely vocal though.

This is probably the remix of it though, the DJ Christos one-

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7RQ2j7s4uUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah yes, just checked traxsource and it appears to be the 'Raw artistic soul' mix that gets played by petchy etc. Such a classy tune.

did ask this a while back in the thread, thought I would post it here again. Quite a while back while listening to Live Fm in a friend’s car, this sick female DJ was playing this Bucketheads remix, it was sort of Grime, but had those funky drums, definitely a bootleg thing though, had that Grime bootleg sound to it. It wasn’t the actual drop of that tune just the intro with the horns (?) sample, for anyone needing to know the original it’s below, so you have a better idea what I am on about, thanks in advance if anyone can name this obscure banger!

still divn't know who did this, but its on that Devine set David M just posted, round about 35 mins. Could it be Mad one possibly? Doesn't really sound like him but he has done quite a few refixes of old house tunes so its possible.
Yeah that's Mad One, one of of his new-ish ones

fatbot

thanks slack / benny.

anyone know what the one at 34.00 is before the bucketheads remix?

no more IDs from me afta this one!

Benny Bunter

thanks slack / benny.

anyone know what the one at 34.00 is before the bucketheads remix?

no more IDs from me afta this one!

pretty sure this is also Mad One, not sure of the title. Fingers crossed for another House Girls style deluge of Mad One releases sometime before the end of the year. Too many dubs.

Last edited:

rrrivero

Not 100% sure if it will be to everyone's tastes, but this is a BIG favorite for me just now - Alpha 27 - Cannon Fodder:
yeah that one's nice, along with the dva tune (both were on eastwood's show weren't they?).

Me, I'm looking forward to this one in particular, proper diva business

Benny Bunter

Another non-uk Live FM staple from 2008 I've been digging lately. I guess its what Scotty D remixed for his track 'Sound' then, never realised that. Anyway its obviously been a massive influence on folks like Devine and LR Groove. youtube really doesn't do it justice, sounds so thunderous and hypnotic in a set.

gumdrops

saw this on ilx

heard this on live fm recently - i seriously love it. most funky vocals to me seem to have no dynamics, its like the singer is just blurting out something she wrote 5 minutes earlier, but this is great. its not new at all (2009! lol) but its like what id like ny to have come out with after fallin.

rrrivero

Any chance for an upload, Benny? :D

I wouldn't say the vocal is particularly special but I've always liked that tune

edit: sorted

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Listened to the Funk Butcher/Marcus Nasty show on Rinse on Friday, was pretty good although I missed the presence of an MC like Ranking/Shantie. The first hour or so was more conventional house music, towards the end of the show a load of mental bangers got played, think it was the penultimate or thereabouts tune called ''Alter Ego''* that gave me that ''WaddafuckisTHIS?!' feeling but it was in the middle of a mega-hype run of tunes.

A NASTY version of 'What You Talking About?' too.

Link HERE.

* Actually this tune was by 'Walter Ego'. He's from Sheffield, his soundcloud heyah.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Listened to the Funk Butcher/Marcus Nasty show on Rinse on Friday, was pretty good although I missed the presence of an MC like Ranking/Shantie.

I think a combination of factors has led me to almost NEEDING to hear MCs over (non-vocal) funky tunes nowadays to really feel a strong vibe. Namely:

1. mostly listen to hip-hop nowadays so miss the vocal element in instrumental sets
2. don't mix tunes anymore really and don't get to go out and dance to funky much... so most of the time I'm just listening to it at home.
3. those Petchy sets were the most exciting thing I'd heard relating to funky for a few years, and remain so really... also that very tracky(?) type of funky by producers like champion is so stripped down and repetitious that I almost think it DEMANDS an MC over the top of it, at least to listen to when not in a club.