That LR Groove EP is fantastic!
gotta big up Soupu Music as they seem to be the only ones consistently releasing this kind of music as a proper label (I mean, not a producer getting his own stuff out there, but a label in the traditional way). Bit of a curious thing as it is an Italian label the one to step up and support the UK sound.

Also, props to Benny for both those mixes, been listening to those quite often!

rrrivero

Got some ID requests from Marcus' 13th of July show I'm sure the regulars here can fill. I knew them once but I've forgotten

First one comes in around 1:05:30 with that nasty bass drop outta nowhere
Second one comes in around 1:13:30 with a "dirty shitta" vocal sample

Thanks ahead

rrrivero

Yeah, youre right Benny, its a jook 10 tune, I remember Mellow Bee going crazy about it on Twitter now. Really fucking love it, cant remember the name though

Always liked that Champ tune as well

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Thread is bubbling nicely right now. :)

^ Still v impressed with the Deep-Ception EP. People who're into dark, rolling stuff should def pick it up.
Mellow Bee released his first EP this week, has most of his big tracks so far:
http://www.junodownload.com/products/space-launch-ep/1781241-02/
& also this one came out - Matt IQ - From Bank to Brick Lane EP:
http://www.junodownload.com/products/from-bank-to-brick-lane/1799007-02/
Liking this one a lot. I know some people are a bit skeptical about Matt's style, or at least think it's a bad direction for the scene to go in because it has too much of a slow, serious, head-nodding feel to it, but to me there's also plenty of humour and nuttiness and weird melodic shapes in what he does that kind of balances the other side out. Plus if you can't dance to Shake, then...

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Mr Solo is another guy who seems to be getting a lot of hype in the scene at the moment. When I first heard his tunes getting played on Smoove Kriminal's show last year (SK seemed to be the only guy picking them up at the time) I remember finding them a bit dry and just not all that exciting, but maybe it's time to give him another shot. The useful thing is that he's got plenty of stuff up on Juno:
http://www.junodownload.com/artists/Mr+Solo/releases/
so will take a browse through and try and find out what's really good.

Benny Bunter

theres the fuzzy logik remix of Monique Lawrences 'Casanova' up on junodownload too Andy. Haven't decided how much I like it yet cos I've just been listening to the crappy sounding clips on juno, but it has that trademark jerky fuzzy logik beat pattern so i'll probably end up liking it.

Ahh, heres a listenable version of it :

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
theres the fuzzy logik remix of Monique Lawrences 'Casanova' up on junodownload too Andy. Haven't decided how much I like it yet cos I've just been listening to the crappy sounding clips on juno, but it has that trademark jerky fuzzy logik beat pattern so i'll probably end up liking it.

Oh nice one, hadn't realized that one was out yet. It always sounds good when I hear it on radio, will see how it works on its own.