Benny Bunter

Good interview, lots to chew on there.

Its funny, the best Roska tune for me thats come out recently has been his remix of Caspa!

luka

i expected the tunes to be good and the mixing to be traumatising but theres actually nothing wrong with it.

Benny Bunter

sorry i undersold this. its world shattring.

Thats more like it.

Seriously, its really just a collection of good songs put together in a hopefully unpretentious fashion. Nothing more, nothing less. Glad you like it though :)

Last edited:

gumdrops

why do you lot think marcus nasty has fallen off? i mean i dont really think its as shit hot/next level as it used to be (something about the atmosphere now, it seems a bit more complacent, and i think shanties laissez faire attitude makes it a bit wearisome now, compared to rankins excitability, though even he is starting to be TOO familiar with the same old bars of two years ago) but there are some really good beats. it just doesnt seem consistent enough and its kind of all over the place. its like even marcus has fallen prey to the bit of everything house mentality. gonna listen tonight though just to be sure.

Benny Bunter

I think you pretty much just answered your own question there, he set the bar very high over the last few years. He's had a long run of form up until recently. Haven't been listening that regularly to be honest, but he does seem to be playing more housey snare on the two and four type stuff like Sunday Roast. Not that into it. But maybe I just haven't heard the good shows lately. He is still likely to have the best new songs aswell though, so we shouldn't write him off.

gumdrops

i still dont know WHAT he is playing though. he MUST be getting stuff from outside the 'scene' or abroad even. or maybe this is just how funky sounds now. seems to have suddenly (well it seems sudden) become so all over the map.

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I know I was moaning about Marcus a fair bit back in Jan/Feb sort of time, but I do reckon he's got quite a bit better again since. He's done a few guest slots with folks like Deepeo and Ramzee which has been nice to switch things up a bit (I appreciate Ramzee much more than I used to). Not caught the last couple of weeks' shows.
Speaking of which, radio in the usual time & place for me tonight, so if you get bored with Marcus/fancy some more funky after he finishes then come over and join me. Will prob start out with some old breakbeat stuff tonight, but then got loads of stuff to play from Major Notes, Ossie, Whitecoat & Jae Elle, Greenmoney, Pepe Soup, Smoove Kriminal, Carnao, Cooly G, Naughty etc.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
No worries mate, I'm not actually trying to set myself up as a competitor to mr Nasty ;) . Can't record the show at the moment though I'm afraid.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Hmmm so twitter is now telling me that Marcus had Donaeo, Mighty Moe, Ramzee & PSG guesting for his birthday tonight, I reckon listening to that might have been more fun than doing my own show haha, will be checking for the podcast on this.

gumdrops

i caught a bit of it. mighty mo/hlc are totally perfect for funky. marcus should dump shantie (now boring) and rankin (limited and entertainingly though also tiringly sleazy) as they are just too relentless and just get mighty mo.

Benny Bunter

i caught a bit of it. mighty mo/hlc are totally perfect for funky. marcus should dump shantie (now boring) and rankin (limited and entertainingly though also tiringly sleazy) as they are just too relentless and just get mighty mo.

sacrilege!

Was a good show as it happens, first hour of vocals was great too. Which MC was it that that did those utterly bizarre farm yakker bars, complete with 'OOO-AR's and the lot?! Had me in stitches (might have been donaeo actually)

This got played n pulled up early on. Another good example of a bassline producer killing it

Last edited: