optimum

Poochie
Where is everyone buyin stuff (vinyl) online? Was gonna buy at uptown but heard about the eviction (p+p is a lot too), bit wary now.

Ory

warp drive
nobody's really putting stuff out at the moment it seems, and uptown has a monopoly on the bits that do see the light of day.

by the way, is that D Malice refix EP out now? uptown still says pre-order...

mms

sometimes
nobody's really putting stuff out at the moment it seems, and uptown has a monopoly on the bits that do see the light of day.

i haven't had it yet.
will email em

BareBones

wheezy

i emailed them about it again on tuesday of last week and they said:

"We are very sorry for the delay in this, it should be with us within the next couple of days, and will be sent out as soon as it arrives."

but still haven't had/heard anything. They did offer me a 10% discount on my next order though.

gyto

I wonder if Kode's funky will be played by DJs like Marcus (someone's about to tell me that he already HAS played it)?

I can imagine producers like Kode would make quite self-consciously experimental funky rather than the extremely functional dancefloor stuff which is experimental almost accidentally...

what are ppls thoughts on this? :slanted:

mms

sometimes
what are ppls thoughts on this? :slanted:

all music that moves forward has to have an element that differenciates the last track from the next, so all exciting music is concious to try new things i think.
anyway this is all hearsay about kode 9's tracks really, i;m just amazed how quickly marcus nasty etc have created a totally different genre to what funky house was even a year ago.

what's that tune with the woman singing about the yard man who she wants to sort her yard out with his big broom?

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
what's that tune with the woman singing about the yard man who she wants to sort her yard out with his big broom?
that tune is mad. it's come up a couple of times already.
i think it's Rock 2 The Beats from Kurupt Rec (the instrumental was on Marcus' 1xtra mix) with the MAW 'Work' a cappella over top. 'one away... you won;t get this like this!'

zhao

there are no accidents
Kreon And Lemos anyone? i've only heard 2 EPs but is merking. not english, i think Greek, but also bongo infused and polyriddimik housey. and more minimalist with sometimes traditional vocals... edit: i guess this belongs more in minimal camp but to me more than a pinch related... Murkof gone Funky?

yes bigup Karizma, Doneao, Geenius, Crazy Cousins, Perempay, Naughty... i'm really really feeling some of this now.

Last edited:

Pestario

tell your friends
I don't really have much to contribute to the thread other than to say that all this week I've been hearing bongos in my head and I think I'm addicted to the funky sound now. It's like grime in 2003 all over again. I'm looking forward to a year of great releases :cool:

gumdrops

still waiting for the MN set from last week - the rinse site has barely any sets on it at the moment. does anyone have audio for the malice remix of MAW work?

faustus

still waiting for the MN set from last week - the rinse site has barely any sets on it at the moment. does anyone have audio for the malice remix of MAW work?

it was about halfway through the marcus nasty vs spyro set from the start of september (the 1 everybody goes on about, on blackdown's blog i think)

tune!