zhao

there are no accidents
OMG Inflation is probably the most amazing track i've heard so far. those marimbas!!! and is it me or does the melody for the last 16 bars resemble Kraftwerk? which song is it...

hint

party record with a siren
anyone know who's on that rice & peas 12" at uptown, don't remember hearing the names for anyone on it.

Similar to that other uncredited 4 tracker, it appears to be a boot of older tracks.

On the sound clip:

first track is "Sown Bwoy" by Kenny Dope from his Japan only "Black Roots" CD

don't know second

third track is "ICU" by Karizma

don't know fourth

elgato

I just dont know
also mr mario asks us to 'download black president now!!' but where from is a bit of a mystery.

yeh i have been puzzling over this this morning! where does one download from in the player nowadays? it used to have a little button for it on the player right?

elgato

I just dont know
Similar to that other uncredited 4 tracker, it appears to be a boot of older tracks.

On the sound clip:

first track is "Sown Bwoy" by Kenny Dope from his Japan only "Black Roots" CD

don't know second

third track is "ICU" by Karizma

don't know fourth

hint, do you know the third track in the clip on the bootleg with Bar A Thym on?

im guessing its Uptown putting out these bootlegs... seems a little bit of a shame that whoever it is aren't putting the time and cash into releasing uk stuff instead, guess it must be sales issues

elgato

I just dont know
That's DJ Gregory - "Don't Panic" on Defected. There's a tasty Karizma dub of that too.

ah wicked, thanks! its a very interesting track, droney and very druggy, been feeling it quite a lot, i'll have to check out the remix

viktorvaughn

Clairvoyants (what an awful name) banged out some minimally tech-housey stuff last night at FWD, not quite sure how to describe it, interesting to see that music there though.

Elijah

Butterz
Marcus Ramsay is doing 2hrs of the hardest FUNKY with MC'S JME, SHARKY P, GRIMINAL, SKEPTA, COLDSTEPS, VERSATILE & RANKIN 26/11/08 weds 7-9pm GMT www.rinse.fm!!!!!!!!

o no

Elijah

Butterz
i dont understand why people are excited by bootlegs/imitations of tunes that are years old tbh.

It is neither innovative or exciting to me.

I like a lot of the tunes, but it is not the best thing ever like how some people here and on various blogs/mags are describing it.

Just enjoy it for what it is.

hint

party record with a siren
i dont understand why people are excited by bootlegs/imitations of tunes that are years old tbh.

They're bootlegs in the original sense of the word - just someone taking older tracks, bundling them together and pressing them up again. Not remixes or "imitations". Not sure where you're getting the idea that people think it's "innovative".

If anything, it's a bit disappointing that the original artists aren't getting the credit they deserve.

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
If anything, it's a bit disappointing that the original artists aren't getting the credit they deserve.

its true. although maybe there is something to be said for the way it mystifies scenes and sounds that are pretty saturated in terms of access, information, PR. that might be a generalisation though im not sure. but more broadly, information about music is so massively and easily available nowadays, i quite enjoy having things that bit more removed

Elijah

Butterz
They're bootlegs in the original sense of the word - just someone taking older tracks, bundling them together and pressing them up again. Not remixes or "imitations". Not sure where you're getting the idea that people think it's "innovative".

In the words of Marcus Nasty, Lil Silva's tunes consistently bun down raves. The much anticipated "Seasons / Funky Flex" 12" is about to hit Uptown any day and the pressure feels like it's really and truly building behind this talented young producer.
Lil Silva's tunes are case in point for why I keep calling UK Funky "Grime in disguise".
Along with D Malice, Silva is part of the Diamond In The Ruff label which has also dropped Malice's Gabryelle Refix 12", already a modern classic.
This is the UK house cutting edge right here!

(No send alex)

Prancehall:
This is "Funky Anthem", the new single by Crazy Cousinz featuring MC Versatile, the guy who appeared on DJ NG's "Tell Me". I remember I (jokingly) described "Bongo Jam" by Crazy Cousinz as "Tell Me" multiplied by "Pow" to the power of T2, which the producers then began quoting in interviews. Well, I could not be more sincere when I say that "Funky Anthem" is the sum of "Heartless Theme" and "Champagne Dance" divided by the reciprocal of 21 Seconds, raised to the power of 138 Trek.
(this tune is da gabryelle bootleg)
(no send prancehall)

On another note.

Dancehall eat your heart out!