boomnoise

♫
in case you don't know, cameo is doing a bit of a uk funky special on 1xtra tonight at 10 with interviews from: Roska, Naughty, Fingaprint, Lil Silva, Princess, Coldsteps
and Riskgo

I really wish BM's website didn't list 100s of records that are sold out.
For the CD guys they have a Swift Jay CD in now. I really wish these three were on vinyl.

So fuckin badly.

Last edited:

faustus

does any1 have a download link for cameo or footloose this week, or do i need to spend my weekend recording them off iplayer?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Tonight's Marcus Nasty via my new blog

Sadly it's a bit limp

Both the set and my blog.

Watch out for some more stuff soon though.

http://futurenextlevel.blogspot.com/

I listened in last night and I swear he played this spyro tune about four times in twenty minutes lol

The shows haven't really hit the heights of the first one or the b2b with Mak 10 for me, for some reason. Maybe its just familiarity = boredom? Still would love to see him live though.

Just been mixing my pitifully small funky collection with my pitifully small house, techno and garage collections. It's the wayyyy

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
Two things

Firstly, I know it was from ages ago but its generally regarded as a minor classic - Marcus Nasty b2b Mac 10 in September. Can anyone ID the tune around about 26:30 with the tuff female vocal and the MC (or is it Marcus/Mac?) uttering 'not boring'?

Secondly, what do people think the first funky tune to make a dent in the Top 20 will be? My money's on either Ny & Wookie 'Fallin' or a re-release of 'Do You Mind' assuming they rightly make the CC remix the focus rather than the pretty awful bassline original (by the way, I'm assuming this is getting a re-release. I heard that LD got commissioned to do a remix and thats it supposed to be coming out soon)

This Night Slugs mix by Bok Bok and L-vis 1990 has some corkers on it

Tracklisting:

1. Karizma - Broken Beats
2. Rapid - Report To The Dancefloor
3. DJ Mystery - Changes
4. Lil Silva - Funky Flex
5. Conan Liquid - One Time (For Your Mind)
6. Geeneus - Yellowtail
7. D1 - Ongie Bongie
8. D Malice - Monopoly
9. L-Vis & Bok Bok - Bongo Jam Refix
10. Crazy Cousinz - Infiltration
11. L-Vis 1990 - Flux
12. Rod Lee - Let The Horns Go
13. Moves!! - All Skate
14. Silverlink - The Message Is Love (L-Vis 1990 Dub)
15. DJ Zinc - Ghosttrain
16. Bok Bok - No Need To Front 2009
17. Ikonika - Please
18. Kode 9 vs LD - Bad
19. Hunger Pains - In Middle (DJ Slugo Remix)
20. Drop The Lime - Hear Me (Buraka Som Sistema Remix)
21. L-Vis 1990 - The Night Slug

http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1618&Itemid=28

BareBones

wheezy
Firstly, I know it was from ages ago

man, i still am trying to ID too many tunes from that show! Definitely my fav funky set so far. Mac 10's excited banter is more enjoyable than an MC i reckon :)

Can anyone ID the tune around about 26:30 with the tuff female vocal

That's the remix of Masters at Work's "Work", don't think it's been confirmed who did it yet, though i'm ready to be corrected...

BareBones

wheezy
wahey! such a tune. unlikely to ever get a release though, right?

ok, what's the tune after "Reign" at about 1hr 4mins with the pulsing synth and the "ba da bada badada ba" parts?

also -

the tune at about 1hr 10mins with the mental hats, phased snares and weird scat-like drops?

Nah, it's a dub; I think he's said previously that you won't hear it anywhere else, so unless Malice changes his mind for Refix 2, not a chance.

Bah bah, ba ba, ba, ba ba bah bah ba
don't know who made that good though.

viktorvaughn

Footloose's show this week sounds great so far, going a little harder than normal. Well nice woozy remix of In The Air.

Footloose also chatting a little about wonky...

Last edited: