mms

sometimes
Need to listen to this set when i get home.

Could well be the start of some very interesting cross-pollination between the 'good/deep/experimental' end of dubstep and funky. In the past few months, I've already seen Kode, Ramadanman, Ben UFO, Geiom, Pangaea, Ikonika/Optimum and Elgato play funky in their sets.

And by interesting I don't mean funky with wobble bass. Although that could be quite interesting on a certain level...

could be the start of something more rhythmic in dubstep without going back to garage, thats the element it's been missing for a while, the influence has already been coming thru in kodes recent trax.

Simon78

The Lil Silva vinyl is in Uptown now, I picked up a copy today along with Gallium which is a really good tune.

Funky Anthem is out as a Rhythm Division exclusive. Not really into the vocal but its got the instrumental and Inflation on it and they are both quality. They are having a relaunch party in the afternoon tomorrow which should be good.

From Grime Forum:

YESS PPPL .... RD ARE HAVING A LIL LAUNCH PARTY IN THE SHOP ON SATURDAY TO CELEBRATE THE NEW OWNERSHIP AND START OF A NEW ERA AT THE SHOP ...

THINGS WILL COMENCE @ AROUND 3.30 WITH DJ MA1 PLAYIN THE BEST IN HOUSE AND FUNKY AND WE WILL BE DOIN A FEW LIL GIVE AWAYS ECT
AND THAT SET WILL BE FOLLWED UP BY A SET BY LOGAN SAMA (( BEST AT WHAT I DO BUISNESS )) SPYRO (( SUM CHOP UR HEAD OFF BUISNESS )) AND MYSELF JJ (( HARDEST TUNES BUISNESS)) MCS FT SPITTIN/ P.A's WILL BE JENDOR P MONEY BLACKS MEGA JAMMER AND MORE .......

AND BRINGS PEES CAH WE GOT EVERYTING ABOUT PPLS

www.rhythmdivision.co.uk

any questions hollllllla................

viktorvaughn

loved the sheer don't-give-a-fuck-ness of silva starting his set with 'do you mind' too. top night.

Flippin awesome music for a free night, nice work Night Slugs. Oneman obviously excellent. Great midweek fun.

Thought 2nd half of Silva's set was best - how good did that track with the bit from Pharaoh Monch's Simon Says in?? I still think Silva is the Youngstar of Funky!

Algierstwin

Chaz Jankel – ‘Glad to Know You’ (Todd Terje Re-Edit) (Tirk)
Hercules & Love Affair – ‘Hercules Theme’ (DFA)
Melba Moore – ‘Standing Right Here’ (Buddah)
DJ NG ft Baby Katy & MC Versatile – ‘Tell Me’ (DATA)
Paleface ft Kyla – ‘Do You Mind’ (Crazy Cousins Remix) (Maximum Bass)
Geeneus – ‘Yellowtail’ (Rinse)

Afefe Iku – ‘Mirror Dance’ (Yoruba Soul Mix) (Yoruba)

gilles peterson's contribution to the scene.

haha

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
Are there any funky remixes of 'Rolex Sweep'? Swear I've heard at least one, if not two, in a few sets. And if there are, are they out, etc?

There's a Donaeo mix which hasn't been released and another that's on the Rolex Sweep 12" that's out and not as good imo. But taste is subjective and all that; it's in Uptown at present.

nomos

Administrator
There's a Donaeo mix which hasn't been released and another that's on the Rolex Sweep 12" that's out and not as good imo. But taste is subjective and all that; it's in Uptown at present.
yeah the fingaprint one. it's a bit lacking. i'm pretty sure marcus has played another one that's the best of the lot but unreleased. maybe on the 1xtra show from the summer? it's different from the donae'o "she's cryin for me" vocal.

continuum

smugpolice
2392064232_0b0bbe7056_o.jpg

Funky House Vol2 mixed by continuum

http://www.mediafire.com/?kznwzmnml4k

Tracklisting:
1. DJ Naughty – ‘Quicktime’
2. unknown – unknown
3. unknown – unknown
4. Hardhouse Banton (?) – unknown
5. Fuzzy Logic – ‘The Leader’
6. Ghostman – ‘B4’
7. DJ Gregory – ‘Attend’
8. Osunlade – ‘April’
9. Simbad – ‘Fever’ (Remix)
10. House of Dwongo – ’60 Seconds’
11. MD X-Press – ‘God Made Me Funky’
12. Amy Winehouse – ‘In My Mind’ (Buggz Remix)
13. Geeneus – ‘Emotions’
14. Vboiz feat. Jaide Green – ‘Hooked On You’
15. Trackheadz – ‘Feel’
16. Donaeo – ‘Party Hard’ (Instrumental)

tom lea

Chaz Jankel – ‘Glad to Know You’ (Todd Terje Re-Edit) (Tirk)
Hercules & Love Affair – ‘Hercules Theme’ (DFA)
Melba Moore – ‘Standing Right Here’ (Buddah)
DJ NG ft Baby Katy & MC Versatile – ‘Tell Me’ (DATA)
Paleface ft Kyla – ‘Do You Mind’ (Crazy Cousins Remix) (Maximum Bass)
Geeneus – ‘Yellowtail’ (Rinse)

Afefe Iku – ‘Mirror Dance’ (Yoruba Soul Mix) (Yoruba)

gilles peterson's contribution to the scene.

haha
i'm convinced i saw peterson dropping funky tunes into a set at plastic people at the end of last year, and i have told people how good it was many times in a "yeah he's a dick, but look, he was playing this shit before you!" type way. but i was totally fucked at the time. it was probably geeneus in a silly hat or something.

claphands

Poorly-known member
Someone's trying to delete the wikipedia entry for UK house!

Someone here who knows stuff and can cite their sources should rewrite it:

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_funky
Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/UK_funky

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This Marcus/Mak 10 set from Rinse is still probably the best funky set I've heard... anyone got anything better?

Algierstwin

anyone got a rip of the end of year footloose show?

would love to have a copy in years to come to see the developments.

that kentphonik track still shreds me up.