gumdrops

caught a bit of marcus show on rinse driving home. got me hype lol. i like that a lot of this stuff has some tough rhythmic stuff going on - the bass is pretty pronounced too (though could be heavier still ;)) which is brilliant. no reason dubstep should have the monopoly on heavyweight bass action.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Where are the best places in London to hear funky house at the moment? Was someone talking about a monthly at PLastic People....?

viktorvaughn

Where are the best places in London to hear funky house at the moment? Was someone talking about a monthly at PLastic People....?

The monthly is called Beyond and its at Bar Rhumba - think it's something like last Thursday of the month. FWD has a tiny bit.

Otherwise all over I guess, Bar N-Ki on Holloway road I heard recently, though these seem to be a bit more smart trainers and loafers places?

elgato

I just dont know
Big set except for the terrible host with a really annoying voice.

i was having a quite enflamed discussion on this matter earlier, i feel him! vibes! my mate seemed like he was reconsidering our friendship on this account

regardless though Mak 10 murders the set, he is a stupidly sick dj

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
The monthly is called Beyond and its at Bar Rhumba - think it's something like last Thursday of the month. FWD has a tiny bit.

Otherwise all over I guess, Bar N-Ki on Holloway road I heard recently, though these seem to be a bit more smart trainers and loafers places?

there are loads, clicking around on myspace a bit soon bears fruit

there is what looks to be a ridiculous night on Saturday at Mass:

200808181522674.jpg

viktorvaughn

i was having a quite enflamed discussion on this matter earlier, i feel him! good vibes! my mate seemed like he was reconsidering our friendship on this account

regardless though Mak 10 murders the set, he is a stupidly sick dj

Ha! I just find his voice really irritating, reminds me a bit of B-Live and that's not really a good thing in my book. Has a kinda strained, nasal edge to it though. Needs to shut up a bit more and let the tunes breathe.

I don't know if people will agree but I think Crazy D would be so sick on a funky set. Was feeling Ranking earlier with Marcus though, on the classic females-wind-up-your-waist-etc tip.

Mak is definitely a great asset to funky.

PS Also interesting as first time I have really heard 'funky' repeated as the genre title, maybe we are getting to the point of it really becoming known as this - I hope so, big fan of the name.

The night looks huge, there are clearly loads I need to have a look around...

elgato

I just dont know
i really rate his enthusiasm, find his vibe and enjoyment infectious

Crazy D would be good yeh, i agree. does Geeneus not play with him at FWD?

i rate Rankin and Shantie very much, again very positive vibes

yeh that night looks ridiculous eh, really feel to go but not sure i'll be able to get any crew on it :/

also on the same night:

get_loose_after_back-rudolphs.jpg

DJ Maddness of KMA Productions...

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
haha all about when that completely fucking ridiculous Donaeo tune drops at 1hr25 on the Mak 10 set and Hot S just laughs... perfect

elgato

I just dont know
I don't know who this is, is that an appalling UKG faux pas?!

haha! no, i don't think so

KMA Productions made Cape Fear, a very early dark 4x4 garage classic...

"I always thought, that for such a lovely river the name was mystifying, Cape Fear, when the only thing to fear on those enchanted summer nights, was that the magic would end and real life would come crashing in..."

shiver

also released a very small number of absolutely amazing tunes

Whistla did this mix...

Last edited: