Tom Cruise scientology video

Doug E. Fresh is a scientologist.

They should get him to do a video.

There's something dead behind the eyes with Cruise that's genuinely unnerving, very effective in Magnolia as has already been said...

zhao

there are no accidents
curios fact: Anthony Braxton was briefly a scientologist for a couple of years in the 70s...

zhao

there are no accidents
several times in LA i encountered these people on the streets with a little stand and pamphlets and shit and their big deal was trying to convince passers by that the Frankfurt School were nazis who conspired with the 3rd Reich on many accounts before and during WW2.

which is very strange because i doubt 1 in 100 random people on Melrose or Venice Blvd. has any idea who Theodore Adorno is or have ever heard of the Frankfurt school.

i got into it with them once and nearly pulled out my 9, fucking ignorant loser motherfuckers.

to this day i don't know what the fuck that shit was about. probably something to do with scientology.

anyone know what i'm talking about?

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

um no Zhao are you kidding? That's LA for you, I guess.

Scientology is a supercreepy cult. Not to overstate the obvious, but it's really, really insane what they do, especially to celebrities. Basically there's a whole "initiation" period before you become a real scientologist where you "confess" everything you've ever done wrong to the elders, who then give you membership, but bribe you for money and evangelical "support" as soon as you've achieved membership using this knowledge. (Tom Cruise and gayness, for example)

The power structure within scientology is all wrapped up in the Hollywood powerstructure, which makes for some supercreepy goings on. Like the Cruise-Holmes marriage. Apparently Nicole Kidman refused to convert to scientology and was very scared of the whole thing. Cruise's people basically put up "Tom Cruises Scientologist Wife" as a bid in Hollywood and came up with Katie Holmes.

I have heard so much from LA people about scientology that truly frightens me for its members. Anyone read about those two artists who were friends with Beck who both claimed scientologists were "after them" shortly before they both turned up dead of "apparent overdose." There's a good article in the Times I think...

zhao

there are no accidents
no i wasn't kidding... yes, that is indeed LA.

very strange that the entire Hansen family are scientologists. the Fluxus "Piano Drop" grandfather all the way down to Beck. a family of very smart and worldly artists and musicians. i used to be friends with his brother, who i think is the only one who won't touch that shit with a 10 foot pole. met his mom, who turned up at the barbeque in sunglasses at night... really funny and charming woman. all scientologists. :confused:

D84

um no Zhao are you kidding? That's LA for you, I guess.

Scientology is a supercreepy cult. Not to overstate the obvious, but it's really, really insane what they do, especially to celebrities. Basically there's a whole "initiation" period before you become a real scientologist where you "confess" everything you've ever done wrong to the elders,

Apparently this is standard mind control procedure for most cults, eg. Skull & Bones (all US frat clubs? dunno)

The power structure within scientology is all wrapped up in the Hollywood powerstructure, which makes for some supercreepy goings on. Like the Cruise-Holmes marriage. Apparently Nicole Kidman refused to convert to scientology and was very scared of the whole thing. Cruise's people basically put up "Tom Cruises Scientologist Wife" as a bid in Hollywood and came up with Katie Holmes.

Yeah what's up with Holmes? She used to look kinda hot... Now she looks like some tragic spinster..

zhao

there are no accidents
you carry a gun?

ha... figure of speech. like many rap nerds i have thug-life fantasies... :eek:

Apparently this is standard mind control procedure for most cults, eg. Skull & Bones (all US frat clubs? dunno)

the initiation rites of some of the more exclusive clubs in wealthy circles for debutantes... i've heard some incredible stories...

zhao

there are no accidents
Well...? You want us to beg? :p

well ok... the following might sound made-up, but it came from my ex of 12 years, who witnessed it first person, and who is not in any way a person that likes to lie/make things up/play tricks.

so she grew up in Carmel, northern Cali, and went to a private all girl highschool for the daughters of the very rich. and the initiation ceremony for maybe the most prestigious frat clubs take place annually, at a private mansion at night. (my ex wasn't one of the coolest girls so she was invited to the parties but never was one of the "in" girls) so it's a wild party, in which the candidates, the most beautiful girls in the school, are dressed in the sluttiest clothing possible, and made to drink and toke more than they can handle. and the climax of the evening involves lining them up, beauty pageant style, probably in the back yard, with audience members cheering and cameras ready... so the 16 or 17 year old girls are drunk and high beyond belief... and after some speeches or whatever, flood lights like in a sports arena all of a sudden turn on, and they are sprayed and showered upon with water-balloons and fire extinguishers -- filled with feces and urine.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Mental.

Is it a big secret that this happens at the 'climax' of the ceremony? I mean, do they have any clue what's going to happen, or is it all a surprise, like the bucket of pig guts in Carrie?

Edit: I bet the whole thing is filmed for some 'Girls Gone Wild' video...

zhao

there are no accidents
the events are organized by the older girls, and of course the initiates don't know anything about what is to take place... and it is surely forbidden to be talked about afterwards.

and i should add that this was in the late 70s (my ex is 10 years older than me), and i've no idea if they still do this today.

zhao

there are no accidents
no one outside the inner circles knows anything about it, so unlikely Health and Safty regulations are a concern.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
This place is especially full of shit today. ;)

-----

Apparently these are some of the questions asked at a Scientology auditing sesh:

• Have you ever enslaved a population?

• Have you ever debased a nation's currency?

• Have you ever killed the wrong person?

• Have you ever torn out someone's tongue?

• Have you ever been a professional critic?

• Have you ever wiped out a family?

• Have you ever tried to give sanity a bad name?

• Have you ever consistently practiced sex in some unnatural fashion?

• Have you ever made a planet, or nation, radioactive?

• Have you ever made love to a dead body?

• Have you ever engaged in piracy?

• Have you ever been a pimp?

• Have you ever eaten a human body?

• Have you ever disfigured a beautiful thing?

• Have you ever exterminated a species?

• Have you ever been a professional executioner?

• Have you given robots a bad name?

• Have you ever set a booby trap?

• Have you ever failed to rescue your leader?

• Have you driven anyone insane?

• Have you ever killed the wrong person?

• Is anybody looking for you?

• Have you ever set a poor example?

• Did you come to Earth for evil purposes?

• Are you in hiding?

• Have you systematically set up mysteries?

• Have you ever made a practice of confusing people?

• Have you ever philosophized when you should have acted instead?

• Have you ever gone crazy?

• Have you ever sought to persuade someone of your insanity?

• Have you ever deserted, or betrayed, a great leader?

• Have you ever smothered a baby?

• Do you deserve to have any friends?

• Have you ever castrated anyone?

• Do you deserve to be enslaved?

• Is there any question on this list I had better not ask you again?

• Have you ever tried to make the physical universe less real?

• Have you ever zapped anyone?

• Have you ever had a body with a venereal disease? If so, did you spread it?