People with annoying faces

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You know what I mean, right? The way some people just have this look about them that, for no reason you understand or can help, irks you. I suppose there could be two slightly different things here: maybe some people just have an annoying expression (a haughty peer, a smug half-grin...) that bespeaks an underlying annoying personality - but perhaps some people who aren't really annoying when you get to know them simply have a set of features that, through no fault of their own, just tend to annoy people.

Exhibit A: the bird M&S have flogging their clothes at the moment, Lily Cole:
lily-cole-1.jpg

She's nearly as annoying-looking as Sophie Ellis-Bexter, who I am reliably informed is at least as annoying as she looks. Lily, on the other hand, might be perfectly bearable in real life (notwithstanding the fact that she's a model, of course).

Exhibit B: Jerry 'Fucking' Seinfeld!
1-jerry-seinfeld-banana.jpg

In his case, the annoyingness of his face is merely the icing on the cake of an extremely annoying voice and persona.

So whose face rubs you up the wrong way? Over to you...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Holy crap, I think I've hit the jackpot. This guy is the first Google Image result for 'annoying face':

zac-efron-300a100606.jpg

Can't imagine why!

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
that kid from This is England.
This cheeky chappy?
thisisengland1.jpg

Hmm, kinda...although he also seems to have an expression of world-weary ennui that'd look more fitting on a fifty-year-old, in all fairness.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Seinfeld is awesome, though.

Not my thing at all, although CYE is great.

Edit: why is it I'm generally pretty good at working out what abbreviations stand for when I read them, but am utterly useless at forming them from a phrase? Durrr.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
Curb Your Inthusiasm?

I hated Seinfeld at first too, it made no sense at all. Then I started laughing at George Costansa, then Kramer, then the other two... and it all made hilarious sense.

People I know used to like Friends and hate Seinfeld way back, even though the former is like some creepy population-pacifing TV show from a sci-fi flick. But since Larry David is our comedy overlord, who's laughing now, eh?

hucks

Your Message Here
I hated Seinfeld at first too, it made no sense at all. Then I started laughing at George Costansa, then Kramer, then the other two... and it all made hilarious sense.

The whole situation wasn't helped by the BBC dicking it about on the schedules, meaning you could never follow it properly. I started watching it assuming Jerry was supposed to be the funny one, and just thinking he was a smug prick. Having been able to watch enough episodes on DVD, and getting into it much as Swears describes, I've found I can warm to him a bit, through getting to like the others. He is a smug prick. But he knows it and has to live with it.

CYE/I is might be better at observing awkward situations, but Seinfeld is funnier. Some episodes are almost literally comedy perfection.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I wouldn't say no to sex with Lily Cole, Stephen Gerrard or the kid from This is England in ten years time, does that make me an annoying faceiscist?

Seinfeld can die though. I don't get that or CYE and I don't want to, it's syphilis-as-comedy.

swears

preppy-kei
Gerrard is one of these scouse fellas that have spent so much time with a sort of confused/angry scowl on their faces, that they have big Gordon Ramsey style lines on their foreheads by the time they're 23.

zhao

there are no accidents
Curb Your Inthusiasm?

GOD i hate that ANNOYING ANNOYING IRRITATING guy. i know his character is supposed to be, but it's much more than that. if i never have to look at his face ever again it'll be too soon.

STN

sou'wester
The point of this is to be petty and unfair isn't it? In which case, can I nominate Lee Quinones, the bloke from Wild Style?

Also, Paul Danan.