Nandos [split from disssensus drinks thread]

stelfox

Beast of Burden
there is absolutely nothing wrong with nandos . anyone who objects to nandos 1) obviously can't taste things because any brand of peri peri chicken is delicious 2) is a walking middle-class cliche 3) is a total snob 4) is a racist. i rest my case

viktorvaughn

there is absolutely nothing wrong with nandos . anyone who objects to nandos 1) obviously can't taste things because any brand of peri peri chicken is delicious 2) is a walking middle-class cliche 3) is a total snob 4) is a racist. i rest my case

I like Nandos. It tastes good. Don't think it can legitimately be characterised as the hub of a culinary Mecca though can it? Especially with Bella Pasta and La Tasca as supporting evidence.

Pestario

tell your friends

this is true

STN

sou'wester
I plan to visit every Nandos in the country. It is my favourite restaurant. I have been to La Gavroche and the Michelin starred bastards wouldn't let me choose the spiciness of my duck legs and where is the fun in that, I ask you?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
is it bad? worse than chickpizz? i've never been tempted, to be honest. we should have a nando's one day in dalston. i've been there before and i've been to the violent one in shepherd's bush.

STN

sou'wester
I'd say worse than chickpizz, yes. Burgers are nice though. So are the chips.

The Nandos in Dalston is a fairly inferior one (the Finsbury Park one is worth the additional journey) but I expect the Church Street one to be all posh and wicked. Shepherd's Bush is a good one; you can even drive in, ho ho ho!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
oh i forgot about the nandos opening in stoke newington. i am extremely happy about this on any number of levels. i didn't even know there was one in finsbury park. i may go there tonight and buy a large take-out meal

STN

sou'wester
As am I, though I have concerns about the seating capacity and to this end I'd like to see Fresh and Wild, Abney Park Cemetary, both bookshops and that bloody baby clothes shop bulldozed to make way for extra Nandoses (Nandae?). Wouldn't mind sacrificing that church and a bit of Clissold Park too.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i have looked up the stokey nandos on the rather flashy nandos website. apparently there will be no baby changing facilities. this will be the best place ever

Last edited:

Pestario

tell your friends
the Finsbury Park one is worth the additional journey

The Finsbury Park one has the fastest service I have ever experienced. It was literally 5 mins after I ordered that I got my half chicken and my friend's pitta. The staff were nice too :)

swears

preppy-kei
I think Nando's is pretty good for a chain. Is it just me, or does the "hot" sauce taste hotter than the "extra hot" sauce?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Nando's totally rules. The ones in South Africa have sauces that are so hot that I was ill!

I'd love to come to this and meet you all flesh-wise but I've just moved house and am totally stressed out, and went to the pub the other night and it all got too messy cos I'm so stressed that confronted with beer I was just i) insatiable and ii) a nightmare and so I'm best not seen by man or beast til this is all sorted out but hope you have a nice one.

john eden

male pale and stale
This made me laugh heartily this morning:

http://www.boycottnandos.org.uk

"their desire to clog up the clean air of Clissold Park with the stench of battery farmed chicken grease and chip shortening"

Oh yes and the suggestion that people should object on the grounds of public safety - because it's near some playgroups and primary schools.

STN

sou'wester
I would hate for the fragrance of three bus routes to be obliterated by the smell of non-Fresh-and-Wild produce.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The Finsbury Park one has the fastest service I have ever experienced. It was literally 5 mins after I ordered that I got my half chicken and my friend's pitta. The staff were nice too :)

How long did the other half of your chicken take to arrive?