Nandos [split from disssensus drinks thread]

Jonesy

Wild Horses
Because it is a South African chain. I know, I thought that was weird too...

It is South African but they're marketed with the Portuguese cock etc.

My sister's South African has been going on about them for ages and I was bemused I hadn't seen one here. I checked their website and they are in 25 countries but not here.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Nandos is just an upmarket Chicken Village.

I look at the high streets of this fair city (London) and marvel at the modern age of vibrant plastic colour signifying the rich wholesome produce on offer within...kebabs & chickens fuel the proletariate army as they march towards obesity...iPods ticking with the sound of the programmed hi-hat...stimulating their factory-farmed minds to reach new heights of intellectual attainment...as they gorge on the lowest culture possible...onward philistines! Storm the gates of high culture!

Pestario

tell your friends
I had a proper one in Greece once. It was tasty. I make a point of missing Haringey.

Well you're missing out on the best kebabs in London.

side note: 'Harringay' is the name for the area around Green Lanes. 'Haringey' is for the Council and its area.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Tragically, I believe they introduced the -gey spelling to avoid comments of the "lol, 'gay'!" variety.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Well you're missing out on the best kebabs in London.

side note: 'Harringay' is the name for the area around Green Lanes. 'Haringey' is for the Council and its area.

Thanks for that...I rarely leave Zone 1...in fact, try not to leave my bunker...it's a war zone out there...too many heathens...

swears

preppy-kei
Tried the "X-tra hot" sauce in the black bottle tonight. Wasn't even really hotter than the "very hot" sauce. Disappointing. :(

straight

wings cru
not really much of a jump is it?. they really need to introduce a creamy one like the southwest in subway

swears

preppy-kei
They told me it was extra hot! Extra hot...

*Starts weeping into bottomless frozen yogurt*

I am a spicy-food fanatic I admit.

swears

preppy-kei
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>