grime tapes upload thread

gumdrops

q - what bit rate do you usually rip these tapes? was listening to an old roll deep vocals show from 04/05 in the car this morning and was amazed at how 'big' it sounded - tapes are still better than any mp3 rip, no offence. maybe do a grime tapes 'remastered' site for subscribers? lol.

Ha! Used to be 192 but the stuff from when the site relaunches will be 320. I know exactly what you mean though- the disparity between tapes doesn't help either though; some of the stuff from 01 is almost irrepairable.

lol fuck the subscriber talk though

gumdrops

that paug set is too good. really garagey, dancey, etc etc, so the mcs all react to the drums in a more limber/agile diff way, but SO raw. gods gift in particular. hearing him on this next to that track he did on the tinchy/maniac cd is a bit depressing.

shaolinsoul

dont know if its been mentioned already but .. FLIRTA D

hes just fabulous love the old skool mortal kombat/commentator stylee.

brrrr..brrr.brrrr...Fooooleh....Drive BY.

BAD!

Remember that insane Wiley's Christmas set?
I'm uploading the spiritual prequel right now.

Tape a day from now on till I run out probably.

edit- except Flowdan just turned up and it's probably not going to be as good as I thought.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Nice one, that Wiley xmas set remains one of my absolute fave slices grime radio. Love the bit at the beginning when he's slewing Jammer over a devil mix...'I'm more of a rasta than he is and I ain't even got dreads...'. It sort of makes me laugh and makes the hairs on the back of neck stand up both at the same time. Chilling, ridiculous and sublime. Pure Wiley, I love it...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Best set in terms of sheer energy I've heard in quite a while.

Yeah we're bangin it here at the moment, Ruff Sqwad and Scratch is such a good look. There's a coupla Ruff Sqwad production tracks I've not heard on it too, some totally heartbreaking tune styles.

shaolinsoul

Slimzee old skool set on Get Darker TV...

Bare badboy dubs from dayy!

Trip down memory lane for sure..wish he could play in the US though.

Only 45 minutes but it's worth it all the same.
Unknown Date; Karnage ft Wiley, D Double E, Footsie, Scratchy, Trim; 320kbps
http://www.archive.org/download/Karn...amGenerals.mp3

Right click, save as. Can't get into the site right now so it's just a forum thing for an hour or two.
Banging up some Heartless Crew next day or two, bit more Roll Deep from this era probably.

Back on it.