what you currently enjoying ?

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
also:

Underground Quality label & radio show
DJ Red Alert & Mike Slammer, Plug, Soundmurderer & SK-1, early Photek (System X, Studio Pressure, etc.), Congo Natty ca. '93-97
1983...(A Merman I Should Turn to Be)
www.blogtotheoldskool.com - seriously, he's just been killing it lately

Client Eastwood

"Private Doctor" kills it though. But seriously I've never understood how arguably the most militant roots track ever was made by John Holt of all people.

Co-sign. Also Wolves & Leopards. Is any of his 80s/90s material worth picking up? I suspect the answer is no but it never hurts to ask.

Cant suggest any albums but a couple of stand out tracks . . .

Revolution

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and Love Fire (which I cant find) which was the vocal of this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mms

sometimes
Cant suggest any albums but a couple of stand out tracks . . .

Revolution

and Love Fire (which I cant find) which was the vocal of this

that aswad is from a new chapter in dub, which is a killer album, the orig is on new chapter.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Rina Ketty.

a DVD of the BBC's Wallender adaptations with Ken Branagh in the title role. (how they focus on hands is pretty damn good. also the one i've re-watched so far has an extremely strong opening scene.)

crackerjack

Co-sign. Also Wolves & Leopards. Is any of his 80s/90s material worth picking up? I suspect the answer is no but it never hurts to ask.

This is great too (and also backed by Aswad)

My favourite DB records, though, are the Niney ones. Westbound Train fucking kills it.

and another vote for New Chapter. Aswad were simply awesome...until they weren't.

Client Eastwood

Just remembered The Promised Land comp on Blood and Fire is well worth checking for. A number of the tracks are the extended mixes too.

Client Eastwood

This is great too (and also backed by Aswad)

My favourite DB records, though, are the Niney ones. Westbound Train fucking kills it.

and another vote for New Chapter. Aswad were simply awesome...until they weren't.

yes the earlier set called Hulet (i think) was even better. eg

crackerjack

does anyone know if this is any cop?

'Niney The Observer
Blood And Fire: Hit Sounds From The Observer Station 1970-1975' at Honest Jons

i am virtually a Niney virgin, to help any answers.

ta.

I may not be the man to ask, since I'm virtually a Niney addict. But yes, especially the tracks near the end. You can't have too many versions of the Westbound Train/Cassandra rhythm (tho the Water Boiling Dub isn't on there and is just stupidly heavy). Shame there's none of his Junior Byles productions on it.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Matt, Cracker: cheers!

Crackerjack, BTW, was greatly amused to your Jedi Mind Tricks response to me on another thread :D

crackerjack

Like Matt says.

This is where I broke my Niney cherry.

This is the Junior Byles one, production split with Lee perry.

Therre's another Trojan comp called Bring The Kouchie Come, which covers 74-76. Worth nabbing that too.

Leo

dj sprinkles -- midtown 120 blues (mule) aka terre thaemlitz

frankie knuckles-meets-burial? haunt-house?

faustus

vybz kartel.

hunted down his new stuff after seeing him dead mavado at sting.

'my scheme' especially

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
'Miles Davis Quintet 1965-'68' - decent band, that.

'Inland Empire' - typical Lynchian 'weirdness'...love it. Hookers dancing to Little Eva's 'Locomotion' (I think they're hookers...not sure)...menacing Poles...Harry D...people with rabbit heads...what more can you want from a film?

STN

sou'wester
Currently enjoying: the fruits of grimetapes (cheers slackk and luka), the orginal Chico Hamilton Quintet's complete studio recordings (cheers STN Senior), first Company Flow LP (cheers, um, me). Also, rocking shorts in the office.

polystyle

"Where Shadows Make Shadows"

Have gotten immersed in Tim Hecker's An Imaginary Country for the past weeks.
Into this post - Gas , Pop Ambient 09 ( some excellent stuff ) , latest Fennesz -Sakamoto and other's drift musik mode.
Large clouds of granular synthesis massing on the horizon.
Time for the daily rain here !