what you currently enjoying ?

Leo

Time for the daily rain here !

yeah, nyc is like miami now: humid, with dark clouds and a shower at least once a day.

currently digging:
- woebot's cool FACT mix
- matias aguayo "bo jack"
- desire "II" (new on italians do it better, another version of johnny jewel's glass candy/chromatics sound)

polystyle

Nice Leo

Have to get onto those too, esp.Matias and our man Matt.
Cheers on Johnny Jewel new italo - possibly more listenable then Screech Candy where Ida's vocals usually lead me to push 'stop'.

Leo

Cheers on Johnny Jewel new italo - possibly more listenable then Screech Candy where Ida's vocals usually lead me to push 'stop'.

yeah, i've had a love-hate relationship with glass candy over the years. loved some of the early art-noise-punk version but ida's vocals were a bit grating, and dig lots of their newer cheesy italo sound, but they can get a little too cheesy/cheeky at times.

speaking of italians do it better, their blog (www.vivaitalians.blogspot.com, i believe) has some cool mixes and edits of "benny and the jets" and the b52s "mesopotamia" by label boss mike simionetti.

sufi

lala
premium_player_defaultimage_11227.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Drexciya

DJ Quik + Kurupt

808 heavy rap music

Man Parrish - Hip-Hop Be-Bop

Blunted Robots crew

Motor City Ensemble RA Mix/Motor City Ensemble 'Raw Cuts' series

Pearson Sound/Greena/UNTOLD/Geiom/Mosca

Joker/Silkie

Madvillain/Tha Unseen/The Further Adventures...

Dilla (Donuts/Spacek RMX/Slum Village)

Roy Ayers - The Third Eye

Benji B's 1xtra show

LOADS

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
new wigflex 12 and that metaphi remix of gleep.

Tom Ellis - Gain

Ikonika - Fish

Grievous Angel 4x4 Hell

and underground solution 'tonight'

polystyle

Cheers on Man Parrish Corpsey,
that's such a great tune, John Robie's programming is just timeless ...
How many dancefloors has that piece filled ?

Leo

moritz von oswald trio -- vertical ascent (growing on me...just don't expect it to be BC/R&S)
hell -- teufelswerk (day)
commix -- fabriclive 44
bibio -- ambivalence ave.

Leo

wow...do you mean the old boston punk band? i saw them at the rat and the underground back in the day, "better off dead" is an all-time classic single. and that compilation cd put out a few years ago by matador is pretty solid too.

if you aren't referring to the old boston punk band, umm...never mind.

philblackpool

gamelanstep
wow...do you mean the old boston punk band? i saw them at the rat and the underground back in the day, "better off dead" is an all-time classic single. and that compilation cd put out a few years ago by matador is pretty solid too.

if you aren't referring to the old boston punk band, umm...never mind.

Think I've heard of them & would like to check them out, but I'll be honest & admit that I'm thinking of the techno guy...he makes this stuff he calls 'flashcore', where he substitutes fast-moving sounds for the beats, so that its firmly in an electronic dance style but completely impossible to dance to! A bit over-clever, but usually balanced by lovely blissful synth sounds that tend to come in & build from half-way through the tracks :)