what you currently enjoying ?

grizzleb

Yellow Magic Orchestra are totally one my favourite bands. So influential but you don't usually hear them cropping up in conversations like that among Kraftwerk et al. The first album is 100% killer.

Ryuchi Sakamoto is a legend too. Well ahead of his time, and his recent shit is not to be sniffed at.

polystyle

Yellow Magic Orchestra are totally one my favourite bands. So influential but you don't usually hear them cropping up in conversations like that among Kraftwerk et al. The first album is 100% killer.

Ryuchi Sakamoto is a legend too. Well ahead of his time, and his recent shit is not to be sniffed at.

Hey Grizz,
I think you'll find a good deal of YMO & RS love here , through the years n' threads.

Camoflage - yes TLS, great drummer Yukihiro Takahashi ,
from the album with 'toothbrush in sink' cover.
Here playing on "YMO Go Home" greatest hits.

All over the new Sakamoto, RS & Fennez ...

Noyuri goes to Tokyo for a month today ,
so it was musik for packing in our pad.

Cheers all

glottis5

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Where will I find you?
On the other side
of the tightrope,
writing about your fear
as you visit with the exiled writers?
You survived all the burning fields of dissidents
in the East
And arrived as the beauty
Into the gap within me

This is the great lost ZZT track! (Not ZZT, but should've been, it smashes Propaganda, but maybe not Frankie.)

I love italo disco music videos, they're so absurd and entertaining

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

satanmcnugget

i think i'd have to go with a few things i'm really enjoying right now:

this wonky/dubstep mix via Ginz:

http://www.datatransmission.co.uk/podcast.aspx?ID=72

this Lee Perry and the Upsetters UK singles collection via The Devotional Hooligan's amazing mp3 blog:

http://devotionalhooligan.blogspot.com/2009/10/lee-perry-complete-uk-upsetter.html

and LOBSTER PRIEST'S totally smoked-out guitar-psych:

http://devotionalhooligan.blogspot.com/2009/10/lobster-priest-feeding-beast-4cdr.html

Incantation's stunning brand of death-metal deserves a mention, too!

http://loresviscera.blogspot.com/2009/11/incantation.html

CrowleyHead

I wish there were more traces of it on the net, but, I'm right now listening to Kevin Martin's "Razor X" project.

I always imagine movies in my head to Kev's stuff (Example: "Poison Dart" has Warrior Queen in a "Attack of the 40 ft. Woman" scenario, "Warning" has Flow Dan as a hood version of John Rambo). With this record, all I'm getting is really disturbed, low-rent, fuzzy static video pictures of gruesome action movies.

Oh yeah, "Boom Boom Claat" is possibly one of The Bug's top 5 records. If I ever somehow trick people into thinking I'm important, I'm totally doing a Kevin Martin Top 10 for FACT.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Not getting sick of the album at all...

D'Angelo - Dreaming Eyes of Mine (Dilla RMX)
Omar S - Set It Out / Lift Him Up

I need a really good UK Funky set tho...

zhao

there are no accidents
Bebo & Cigala - Blanco Y Negro En Vivo
Bebo Valdés - 2004 - Bebo de Cuba
Bebo Valdés & Chucho Valdés - Juntos Para Siempre
Bebo Valdés & Federico Britos - We Could Make Such Beautiful Music Together
Bebo Valdés Trío, con Cachao y Patato - El Arte del Sabor

all on the exquisite Calle 54 label.

when i'm 64, i will still be loving this shit to the last drop... with cigar and glass of fine rum in hand.

zhao

there are no accidents
a more perfect soundtrack for this early morning does not exist in the world:

The Enchanted Isles: Harp Music Of Ireland, Scotland, England, And Wales (Dor-90120)

Client Eastwood

Just spend half an hour standing in heavy rain listening to the second Pole album. Oddly, tho im drenched I enjoyed the experience. And the tea im drinking now is tasting real good.

Client Eastwood

Not getting sick of the album at all...

D'Angelo - Dreaming Eyes of Mine (Dilla RMX)
Omar S - Set It Out / Lift Him Up

I need a really good UK Funky set tho...

Yeah I cant get tired of TOPP album. Love that so much. .

Last edited:

sjc

wave by antonio carlos jobim.
that last erykah badu album.
la lupe (so intense).
various shows ive taped from rinse as of late.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
when's new amerykah part two gonna drop? (it hasn't come out without me noticing, i hope...)

Listening to Madlib's Beat Konducta series after that article in Fact mag. Sooo good.
Plus Tape's Luminarium
Dj Rupture - Uproot

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
really? that's so depressing. i presumed it'd done OK, but was confusing quality with sales figures.

Ridiculous:

sjc

it was meant to be out this year i thought but then there was some interview where she seemed to be saying it was still being worked on so who knows. early next year was the last release date i heard. but you never know with these things. supposedly theres another album after that which is meant to be more rootsy, almost sounded like a cassandra wilson type effort from what i read.