what you currently enjoying ?

okay so i'm drawing a massive blank possibly because i've been drinking a lot of the day

that tanki tanki song. what grime song does it rob a riff from; what grime song sampled it

(i have no idea of the context of this video)

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I had a go at trying to find some stuff after i saw those youtube comments, didnt really get anywhere. I found a track by Rene bandali here and some weird remix of it that sounds fairly recent, not even sure if it is his voice tho. Its exactly the same song from 1:30 on this though
Its a great track, always wondered what its actual story is/was

More info on it here

http://www.shtyle.fm/view.do?id=35884725

muser

ah niceone! Funny I'm not sure how I ended up with the links from some random arabic video website & forum, seems like the first results you get when you search Bendali family on google are youtube videos of the same songs :rolleyes:

Still its all a bit mysterious, havn't seen any mentions of bendali family and tanki tanki prior to the recent release. I'm inclined to believe its all an elaborate internet hoax, or perhaps some things just dont and probably never will exist on the internet :eek:. Or maybe a mixture of the two

Last edited:

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Am totally loving this Hype Wiliams album, have only now gotten into it after coming across it on several year lists. I even made a video for one of my favourite tracks, it's me riding my bicycle home through the fog.

Leo

bought meself four xmas presents last weekend:

boof -- shhh, dandelions at play (off-kilter house [music] band from maurice fulton)
elijah+skilliam -- rinse 17 mix (nice to have all these collected into one mix, well done)
sweet exorcist -- retro/activity (awesome remastered collection, routes of bleep, should be of historical interest to swamp81/boddika fans)
tycho -- dive (slightly boards of canada-ish, more sunkissed perhaps, perfect for sunday morning or late-night reading)

sgn

Enjoying Simon/Off's Planetary Communication EP and James Pants' self-titled album quite a bit.

Also:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
This track is so powerful, love it when they go "AND SCREAM OUT FUCK ME BUT DONT FUCK ME OH HELL TO THE NO". So catchy! I think this is one of my favourite tracks of 2012 and I'm not even that much into R&B. Stop fucking with me wooooman.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
lol that song is repulsive

"Halfway decent for me, but you dress up for your girlfriends? Stop fucking with me woman! I know you wanna run the world, but first try running this..."

lololol

Last edited:

bandshell

Grand High Witch
http://decksandthecity.thepop.com/2...hristmas-story-mix-series-part-one-by-greena/

Greena - New Wave Gymnasium

Oneohtrix Point Never - Pelham Island Road
Liquid Liquid - Scraper
Talking Heads - Pull Up The Roots
Factory Floor - Two Different Ways
Oppenheimer Analysis - Radiance
Kraftwerk - Metal On Metal
Throbbing Gristle - Hot On The Heels Of Love
Two Of China - Telk Me
A Certain Ratio - Wild Party
Arthur Russel - Make 1
Black Dice - Night Flight

sgn

Described as Moombahton (which, of the little I've heard, isn't my thing at all), but this sounds more like slowed down funky house:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
This track is so powerful, love it when they go "AND SCREAM OUT FUCK ME BUT DONT FUCK ME OH HELL TO THE NO". So catchy! I think this is one of my favourite tracks of 2012 and I'm not even that much into R&B. Stop fucking with me wooooman.

it's a very good song, but the lyric is embarrassingly whingey when he's referring to his betrothed as 'woman'. Just, er, leave her if you don't like anything about her? Let's hope it's an imagined situation.

Last edited:
It's widely acknowledged that the 1977 album was about his break-up with Christina Milian so I'd imagine it isn't imagined at all

as pathetic as that is