Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Love this collection of facebook fails.

I wouldn't believe they were real but there was a thread on a forum I used to go on entirely devoted to facebook statuses that were pissing off forum members.

How could you be facebook friends with your parents? :confused:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
d84870c2440211e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

Pretty funny - but it's a bit low posting family photos like that, don't you think?

e/y

‎"To put it another way, in 2070, do you want to see an Oscar contender about a sweet-hearted Baathist and a decent Blackwater contractor who, against the artfully composed tracer fire of Fallujah, bond together, and save a brave, noble camel?"
Logan Hill in GQ, nominating War Horse for Worst Movie of 2011

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
‎"To put it another way, in 2070, do you want to see an Oscar contender about a sweet-hearted Baathist and a decent Blackwater contractor who, against the artfully composed tracer fire of Fallujah, bond together, and save a brave, noble camel?"

Actually I reckon that could be a fucking blast.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
That's kind of equivalent to those posters on the Tube along the lines of "I'll play my music more quietly. And I won't make Nazi salutes. What will YOU do?" , which frankly make me want to kill.

rubberdingyrapids

there was a piece in the observer on sunday about 'happy art' like the stuff on the tube. people dont want protest/challenging art anymore apparently, they want life affirming stuff.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
there was a piece in the observer on sunday about 'happy art' like the stuff on the tube. people dont want protest/challenging art anymore apparently, they want life affirming stuff.

I'd rather have prints of Munch and Bacon, excerpts from de Sade or Brett E. E., Throbbing Gristle lyrics, that sort of thing.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
OTOH, even lame happy-nicey art and poetry does at least make a change from the otherwise unbroken acres of advertising that cover every available surface in London.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Oh I dont mind the art, it's whatever, it's the using of open source mentality for profiteering that has just got me this week. I was asked twice last week to 'contribute' to things that an artist had been commissioned for, and it's just like

FUCK YOU, PAY ME
FUCK YOU, PAY ME
FUCK YOU, PAY ME.

Really.