nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
i don't see what that has to do with anything. im a professional
labourer/painter and decorator/barista/securtiy guard.
why are you sharing that information? to bolster what particular claim?

You seemed to be implying that I'm lying about being professional writer. Well, I'm not buddyo.

josef k.

Dangerous Mystagogue
Is this you?

BARLOW114dues.jpg

luka

Did someone claim that evolution states that people are not intelligent?

you're making me doubt my ability to communicate effectively.
i meant, for example, god.
or, intelligent DNA, or alien intelligence guiding the development of life on earth, or whatever other thing you care to dream up.

luka

but what does it prove? that you're 'better' at writing than me?
or what? what is the purpose of telling me that.

nomadthethird

but what does it prove? that you're 'better' at writing than me?
or what? what is the purpose of telling me that.

No. You're the one who is trying to tell me I'm some kind of shit writer, Luka. What is the purpose of that?

nomadthethird

No. Mostly I wrote grants, or business proposals, so I write for the institution/company to either private foundations or pharmaceutical companies (in the case of my most recent job in the private sector). I don't get to take byline credit.

The gatekeeper thing is sort of like what I would have to write to train program associates though.

luka

what is the purpose of that? well, the purpose is, you were hurling abuse at me and i thought i should respnd in kind.
is that not reasonable?
i have no idea if you can write, im just assuming that im the best.

nomadthethird

what is the purpose of that? well, the purpose is, you were hurling abuse at me and i thought i should respnd in kind.
is that not reasonable?
i have no idea if you can write, im just assuming that im the best.

Hurling abuse? I was defending evolution against the idea that it's a useless, worthless system of belief tantamount to a religion!

luka

i mean you did say i spend all my time writing poems about universes that dont exist and masturabting in front of the mirror. i think some sort of response is justified.

nomadthethird

i mean you did say i spend all my time writing poems about universes that dont exist and masturabting in front of the mirror. i think some sort of response is justified.

No I didn't say that you did that, I said that if scientists are so evil, maybe it would be better if they did that instead of trying to cure cancer.

nomadthethird

Why does everyone read everything that's obviously an abstract joke in response to some weird implications about everyone who's into something being unimaginative (for example) and assume I'm saying it about them specifically?

Guh. The internet.

luka

there's no creationists here after all, as far as i can see.
i was just thinking to myself that evolution is something i accepted as true without really understanding it or examining it and that the same was almost certainly true of many other people. that the evidence, regardless of whehter it exists or not, is just assumed to exist and so we don't have to worry about it. now, perhaps you hav studied evolution in great detail and know it to be true in every particular. well good for you, but thats not really what i was getting at.