London pubs

luka

the pelt trader under cannon st has good beer but is full of people who work in recruitment and its in a railway arch so its dingy.

luka

fairly sure the only good pub in stratford is the wetherspoons. the prince edward whould be good, loads of potential, but it never has been. they have never been able to make it feel cosy.

wild greens

Mate of mine moved to Woodford recently and I know there is a debate as to whether it is actually London or not (IG postcode) but the Rose & Crown was really really good

luka

the essex fringe often has men in shorts, polo shirt, no socks, suede moccasins. that's all i can say about that area really. probably dress differently for winter mind. lots of lager. plume of feathers is another good greenwich one think greens told me about that one maybe. smells of liver and onions.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
we took @mvuent to the stockton in deptford which is a bar with good cocktails. same people own the watergate, which is a nicer space, and the one under the railway arch. i dont like drinking in railway arches. all really good cocktails though, and natural wine if you like that.
Hang on though, a cocktail bar is a wholly different animal from a pub.

At least, I wouldn't trust a pub to serve a good cocktail, and if I was in a bar that did good cocktails, it would no doubt be disqualified from being a 'pub' for other reasons.

luka

way better drinks. its more a classic pub interior and clinentele. they put the racing on. pool table. loads of middle class drinkers too and students. pretty mixed crowd. like the hope and anchor (i think its called? which was my dads favourite pub) on the canal in clapton in that respect, but without the huge cloud of skunk smoke and the pitbulls.

luka

theyve got a very large selection of bottled belgiums, some good scotch, kernel on tap if you like that, cask options.

luka

also dog and bell is all white while the one in clapton isnt, if you're giving marks for that.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
way better drinks. its more a classic pub interior and clinentele. they put the racing on. pool table. loads of middle class drinkers too and students. pretty mixed crowd. like the hope and anchor (i think its called? which was my dads favourite pub) on the canal in clapton in that respect, but without the huge cloud of skunk smoke and the pitbulls.
I just meant in terms of how it looks.