Barbie

luka

well this is true, isn't it, that people produce propaganda for their ideology and interests constantly, and only semi-consciously
partly, or sort of, with provisos. but the k-punk qupte is about something else i think. it's not about individuals. it's more about the system producing propoganda for itself.

Reactions: sus

luka

form, eidos. assuming all things have a purpose, an inner intent. assuming direct causal relationships between things. as opposed to entropy, things just happening.
oh right. i see. i guess in my opinion the boredom and shapelessness of assuming things just happen is intolerable and should be resisted on those grounds alone.

luka

your intellect should conspire with your imagination and intution to craft intricate and satisfying fictions. you don't want it bursting balloons al the time and making you miserable.

luka

marxists are over-represented as historians, for instance, cos being a conspiracist makes history so much more fun. it gives it meaning and purpose. it's not just a series of accidents any more.

entertainment

The way I see it... if a popular movie contains propaganda it is neither because the the directer intended to nor because he unconsciously seeks to reinforce a system. It is because the propaganda as content provides an interesting sub-thematic connection between maker and viewer--a connection both viewer and directer intuitively recognizes as the ambience of a good movie

entertainment

dont understand i don't think
the director just sets out to make a good movie, something he reckons people will watch. what he intuitively interprets as "good" resonates with a world view that encompasses him and his viewer and the act of making a movie and the act of going to see a movie. all this needs to be somehow aligned with what the movie is, unthreatened by it.

luka

you can make consuning media way more fun if you adopt the k-punk lens. how does this product aid capitalism? it gives you a way to be creative and imaginative.

its a bit like evolution people going, how does birthday cake aid the reproduction of the gene

luka

the director just sets out to make a good movie, something he reckons people will watch. what he intuitively interprets as "good" resonates with a world view that encompasses him and his viewer and the act of making a movie and the act of going to see a movie. all this needs to be somehow aligned with what the movie is, unthreatened by it.
still don't get it.

entertainment

you can make consuning media way more fun if you adopt the k-punk lens. how does this product aid capitalism? it gives you a way to be creative and imaginative.

its a bit like evolution people going, how does birthday cake aid the reproduction of the gene
I think you can be imaginative and creative without it

it's much more interesting to assume that capitalism produces it's own propaganda and everything is designed to prolong and promote the system, as in that k-punk quote, or any other conspiratorialist, than it is to go, oh, well, they're just films, it's just what the film maker wanted to say, why you looking so deeply into it.

It’s just a film
It was only a dream
It’s just a wee story
Watch something else if you don’t like it

The words of an idiot