The Media Controls Your Mind

droid

Its subliminal messaging, he does it all the time. A combination of suggestion and NLP techniques.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i want a form of linguistic programming that sends you manic, not hypnotises or exacerbates you to comply.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
probably what I've been trying to invent on here. The more I send people up the wall the more successful it is.

germaphobian

The worst thing is that even if you know how it all works and moves, you still cannot escape it.
I remember seeing this Netflix documentary about evils of social networking sites (forgot the name) and they interviewed on of the former programmers for Facebook who explained how they based the site design on slot machine principle and how it's a giant Skinner box that destroys your soul and so on.
Well, anyway, everyone knows that these days, but what was interesting is that even having full knowledge how and why it all works the guy would come home after work and spend hours on Facebook - literally the same site he spent all day making so it messes up your brain.

mixed_biscuits

sus

Its subliminal messaging, he does it all the time. A combination of suggestion and NLP techniques.
No it isn't this has been debunked he performs standard stage magic with the NLP framing as a way to sell tickets

sus

Neuro Linguistic Programming is pseudoscience, folk magic. There is some limited ability to cue people who are making arbitrary decisions they have no stake in, e.g. pick a number between 1 and 10. But the idea that you can drive people in a taxi past some shops and they end up mindlessly repeating motifs in their creative work is ludicrous. Nothing remotely at that scale is possible. This is exactly the sort of misunderstanding of psychology that has led other skeptic-aligned, James Randi type magicians to be so mad at Brown, who accuse him of misinforming the public

sus

I'm sorry I ever argued with you about politics in the pastt droid, if I knew you were so guillible I would have let your delusions stand out of pity

sus

The worst thing is that even if you know how it all works and moves, you still cannot escape it.
I remember seeing this Netflix documentary about evils of social networking sites (forgot the name) and they interviewed on of the former programmers for Facebook who explained how they based the site design on slot machine principle and how it's a giant Skinner box that destroys your soul and so on.
Well, anyway, everyone knows that these days, but what was interesting is that even having full knowledge how and why it all works the guy would come home after work and spend hours on Facebook - literally the same site he spent all day making so it messes up your brain.
I thought Beiser cleared this all up for you but apparently you want to be thick on purpose. This is propaganda produced by Big Tech to make you think they're brilliant. They are in fact impotent and their algorithms are incredibly dumb and barely work. People sit on Facebook all day because they're lazy and they like staring at screens, we've known this since 1950, nothing is new