REGGAE/DANCEHALL - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
gabriel said:
female vocal = spice & pinchers 'rude boy love'. probably my favourite cut on the riddim

am loving the alicia keys rmx of ghetto story as well, it's big.

the stage show is great, as is the alicia mix with cham, but i'm really, reall, really, really loving chico on the eye charm riddim at the moment.

Clubberlang

john eden said:
Ghetto story is getting a release on a major.

Dave Kelly's new riddim "Stage Show" is outstanding. 3 pieces from Cham, Pinchers and Assassin out now, some more to follow including a female vocal.

I think I like the Pinchers version the best, but the riddim is fantastic. The Spice/Pinchers cut is also great.

Cham album supposed to be out in the next couple of weeks, I think.

zhao

there are no accidents
just caught Cham at Seabreaze Fest here in Long Beach.

that boy is on some SERIOUS fire.

I have not seen anything nearly as invigorating and just plain BAD-ASS in years.

I can't think of another new(ish) artist as important - can you?

mms

sometimes
i've really liked what i've heard of busy signal , especially his tunes so busy and his 'whisper song' ripp off pussy cat. really catch and inventive.
he's gonna be a star if he crosses over into the us.

micmack

My Little Pony
Not breaking news, but does anyone know where I can find out about Cutty Ranks "the Bomber".
I can't find much of a reference to it on the web, a mate tells me it's his first album and it was done with Supercat.
ty

john eden

male pale and stale
The Stopper was his first LP, on Fashion I think.

the bomber iirc was a single?

I reckon I've got The stopper somewhere if you want to know more?

Edit after mumbling to myself

General Levy did an album with Top Cat on Fashion - jungle style?

This is going to annoy me now. He did the bomber at the beginning of the 90s (for Penthouse) but had previously done stuff like "Gun Man Lyrics" for Techniques.

http://penthouserecords.free.fr/AlbumsDJ.html

That's yer penthouse deejay discog - Lethal Weapon album is listed, as well as a split with Tony "fresh like vegetable" Rebel.

EDIT AGAIN;

FUCK ME - look at some of the clothes on those album covers!!! Awesome!

Last edited:

micmack

My Little Pony
Cheers for that John
Can't see bomber on the stopper, must've been a seperate single release.
Do you think Die Hard Pt. 1 is worth looking out for?

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Busy Signal is FIYAH!

Not Going Down, Step Out and basically everything I've heard. Singing, rapping, killing it. Really feeling him.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I just heard a reggae track on a country-ish vibe, acoustic, where the guy is singing, in a kinda Maxi Priest type way, about his shadow being scared to walk by his side because downtown ( Kingston ) is too violent...anyone know who it's by? It made me cry as I was cookin the dinner lol.

gabriel

The Heatwave
cool spanish version of gyptian's hit serious times, flipping the lyrics to make it a lovers tune:

'las cenizas dijeron goodbye' ('the ashes said adios') by aspirante

i don't know if it was, but i could definitely imagine this being a big hit all over latin america. i wonder if gyptian knows about this?

john eden

male pale and stale
I find LPs from that era a bit of a mixed bag as a rule, but I'd buy it if it turned up 2nd hand for cheap...

I got hold of it for 4 quid last night. :cool:

Not heard it yet though!

Bringing in the festive season round my way with a bit of Cutty Ranks. :)

Blackdown

nexKeysound
F**kF**kF**K i heard this mix from earlier this year yesterday and now i cant find it again. can someone help??!!! it was on a blog, probably a bristol blog, with loads of dancehall like the egyptian riddim mixed togther with hip hop accapellas then Sticky's "More Weed".

ring any bells anyone? it's doing my nut in...

EDIT: sorry found it here http://www.spannered.org/radio/1117/

Last edited:

clappa

Aka Skrewface
Vybz Kartel shoot up Movado's barbershop, Movado responded by shooting up Vybz Kartel's studio and his wife is in critical condition in hospital.

Info from last night

john eden

male pale and stale
check the last three posts on http://bmc.podomatic.com/

3 x recent dancehall mixes which I have given a heavy iPod rotation and otherwise a fine podcast...

His 3 2006 reggae (rather than bashment) mixes are very fine also. Podomatic also hosts mixes by the tighten up crew and various Blood & Fire board alumni. see his links...

PS: Welcome, blubeat. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.