rrrivero

I love that Champion so so much right now. The pipes on this girl perfectly counter balanced by his militant bassline. On Cameo's show I thought it was nice but now listening to it with my headphones on at full blast shit shit shit I love it

Did anybody know this girl before by the way? Quality find if not!

edit: I think the track is legit only it's a relatively low quality version (192) I was actually wondering if it was some kind of weird marketing trick, because it sure as hell had me craving for the 320

gumdrops

r1 ryders are factmag funky?! not heard every thing theyve made but rubberband and hydraulic are top-flight funky bangers imo. love them both.

i like that illmana tune even if it is a bit more on the techier side of things, reminds me of champions lose control and new lil silva.

Benny Bunter

r1 ryders are factmag funky?! not heard every thing theyve made but rubberband and hydraulic are top-flight funky bangers imo. love them both.

ooh yeah, forgot about rubberband. I'll give you that one and Ricochet, the rest is shite though if you ask me.

Listening back to the madfingers show again and its wicked, especially the last 30 mins where he plays some new Devine Stuff and a few other bangers I'd not heard before. Added bonus is that he's a shit hot producer too. Go on, give it a go...
http://www.mediafire.com/?ctl9qajou8qnz38

denoir

yeah that tune Andy posted didn't seem Fact at all to me...Illmana's Menace sound like a dark minimal bruk which is a good thing...also feeling that Naughty/Miss Fire joint, interesting groove in that one...

160/192 mp3s could be the new trend in funky marketing, remember the Miss Fire zips? :rolleyes:

rrrivero

160/192 mp3s could be the new trend in funky marketing, remember the Miss Fire zips? :rolleyes:
Heh, I wish the newest development in funky were something down the lines of somebody getting the cheeky barse ep on juno/beatport. Andy's show reminded me why I want it so bad

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
R1 Ryders are just a bit electro for me, I have tried to like them but it doesn't stick
I say FACT mag funky because they get more press than most funky and they obviously aiming at that middle market, their tunes are designed to fit easily into dubstep sets. They've very much got their eye on the crossover which is fine, I just don't find it very interesting.
They're a bit like the Freestylers of Funky

The one Andy posted just had a bad vocal

Last edited:

gumdrops

i really dont get a crossover feeling from r1 ryders, at least not from the tunes that have really done well for them, ricochet, hydraulic, etc. but there are/are going to be a lot more crossover tunes coming i reckon, from lots of producers trying to get dubstep/post-dubstep appeal. i blame roska lol.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I had a wee listen for a while too Andy. Good round up of recent stuff, nice one. Love that Paul Woolford mix of heartbeat, first time I'd heard it. I'm a big fan of the original mix actually. Never liked the Mosca mix that everyone spunked about (predictably enough).

Soz just saw your edit Benny - I love the Paul Woolford mix too, but actually I rated Mosca's remix even more, it's just that I've rinsed it out a bit on the show now. The Woolford mix went down really well with the PR regulars in the shoutbox though which was cool (so did Feel Nice, Feel Right by Jae Elle and Run Run Run by Lady Chann/Pirate Soundsystem, plus a few other bits I forget now).
Big up to denoir for listening too. :)