thirdform

pass the sick bucket
1993 prog house

2000 prog house/trance

Same dynamic, different genre.

Honestly you should start a thread about the conservativism of club culture because I feel violated posting both of those shitty tracks in the jungle thread.

dilbert1

I get it, “the whole fucking industry is wack,” as Kool Keith said. But if a humble producer can make the market come to them because of the quality of their product, however unsustainable a model that may be, there is at least more oxygen for intensive aesthetic deliberation and artistic play. Because ultimately I’m not interested in understanding this music in a way dictated by what was then or subsequently fashionable and marketable, as much as that shaped its historical trajectory. It so happens that for a time in jungle’s heyday some of the most successful DJs had great taste and a big beautiful reservoir to choose from. Beyond that, it really is simply about making a fantastic beat.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I get it, “the whole fucking industry is wack,” as Kool Keith said. But if a humble producer can make the market come to them because of the quality of their product, however unsustainable a model that may be, there is at least more oxygen for intensive aesthetic deliberation and artistic play. Because ultimately I’m not interested in understanding this music in a way dictated by what was then or subsequently fashionable and marketable, as much as that shaped its historical trajectory. It so happens that for a time in jungle’s heyday some of the most successful DJs had great taste and a big beautiful reservoir to choose from. Beyond that, it really is simply about making a fantastic beat.

well I'm just going to post old stuff for you then lol.

dilbert1

I’m really not as strict or purist as the caricature you lay out and am open to a lot of stuff when it comes to jungle despite guarding against too much elasticity when using the term

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
@craner ripped out his intestine when I put this tune on at a camden meet up, even @luka had to restrain him

He was yelling in his boxers scaring the grannies on the high street 'TEDIOUS PURIST TECHNO MENTALITY INFECTING AN OTHERWISE VIBRANT GENRE'

I think it's beautiful, even prefer it to the original, sometimes

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
But you’re right I do love the hardcore side the most ❤️

yeah, I do as well, but I also love the other hardcore, the euro/acid kind, so the ambient side really serves as a counterpoint to the mania.

My only blindspot in the world is indie, but maybe if I move to new york my mind will be changed.

dilbert1

@craner ripped out his intestine when I put this tune on at a camden meet up, even @luka had to restrain him

He was yelling in his boxers scaring the grannies on the high street 'TEDIOUS PURIST TECHNO MENTALITY INFECTING AN OTHERWISE VIBRANT GENRE'

I think it's beautiful, even prefer it to the original, sometimes

It is pretty but a little tedious yes, and the comments don’t lie

IMG_6332.jpeg

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I’m really not as strict or purist as the caricature you lay out and am open to a lot of stuff when it comes to jungle despite guarding against too much elasticity when using the term

It is not a bad method to attribute opinions which are slightly false to someone who contradicts you, rather it is a useful Marxist method, when it leads to greater clarity of important points, and especially when some elements, even at the highest level, have not taken them in after a great deal of time. I still say that I am a humble repeater and no more but I believe I have assimilated such a method well. Obviously, if the point made is a good one it is not so serious to have attributed to another a thesis that is not strictly theirs: