Can turn naughty
i most definitely did not have the head for trading. my maths is no good. plus it was all insider groups anyway. gave me a good insight into how the stock market works if anything. was cool to be part of bitcoin's initial burst into the mainstream with all the twitter action, irc chats and forums. looooads of scandals and scams. high times.
oh yeah, at one point i managed to wangle my way into one of the pump and dump groups too. check this out:
fyi cryptsy was an altcoin exchange
December 10th, 2013
Operation DGC (DigitalCoin) on Cryptsy
Current price of DGC: ~0.00025
Pessimistic price target: 0.0005 (2x)
Sensible price target: 0.00075 (3x)
Optimistic price target: 0.001 (4x)
HOW TO BUY:
Small incremental buys slightly above market value. If market value is at 0.00025, buy at 0.00026, for a small amount, wait a while, and buy again. A good example is, if you want to invest 2 btc, to put 0.1btc every hour that you're in front of your computer, which should spread nicely over two days.
WHEN TO SELL:
If you're afraid, put a sell order for half of what you bought at 2x the price you bought it. This way, you break even, and whatever you have left is « free ». Example: You bought 1000 at .0003, sell 500 at .0006. Hold the rest, cherish it like your firstborn child.
Other than that, you can sell any time really, we are looking into injecting enough volume through hype that it won't matter whether we keep it or sell it.
WHAT IF THE PRICE DROPS:
Grow balls and buy some more. The growth must look continuous. If you don't have the balls, well, pester the others to buy some more I guess. If none of us have the balls, then fine. FINE. It's bound to go back up anyway once the hype train does its job.
Who the hell knows? I'm thinking with great hype this could be over with the usual monday price surge on december 16th. But christmas season is usually not good for cryptocurrency, let's see how it does this year eh.
SELLING POINTS / SALES PITCHES:
* DGC had a fair, non premined launch. This graph of the total supply during launch is proof: - Few coins can pretend to this
* The dev (Baritus) is active. The community ( http://digitalcoin.co/forums/ ) is alive. At least, we can pretend those two things are true.
* DGC will have a motherfucking BANK ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238882.0 ). If you don't like how DGC is doing, give some to the bank and let it invest somewhere else. Your DGC will grow in amount if the hedging does fine. They have a big and varied portfolio that can handle market crashes.
* And do you know where this bank will be implemented? In a MOTHERFUCKING EXCHANGE. Yes, you're reading this right. You're not dreaming. The future is right the fuck now ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277241.0 ) and we're part of it. Know what? It's already in closed beta, and should open anytime soon.
* With a proper fiat/DGC exchange and a bank service, DGC is not an altcoin. It's a fucking COIN. That's right, DGC is not BTC's little buddy, it's a direct competitor. 10000 DGC right now cost nothing, won't you feel good in a couple years when that's worth 10000 BTC?
* Oh, look, China's getting DGC soon ( http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/ ). Remember what happened with ZET? Yup, +1000% happened in 48h. DGC is getting on that website before the end of the year [that could be a lie, I don't know really], so buy some before they skyrocket. Let's say the DGC/fiat exchange gets the chinese erect on sight due to the banks not allowing to send fiat for btc purchases anymore and that's why they asked to have it. Sounds credible alright.
* The wall street journal talked about it: http://online.wsj.com/article/HUG1747591.html
WHERE TO HYPE IT:
On #crypto, of course. The average user follows our suggestions quite easily, and them buying into it makes value grow, so they like it as much as we do.
On twitter, whether you're a small time user or a poweruser. Once the growth is over, don't forget to post « told you so, guys » so that they follow your advice next time we long pump a coin.
Some naive sounding geniune interest posts could work a bit on the various crypto subreddits, look for them in the sidebar on the right of http://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin
And of course, trollboxes all over the world of crypto. Here are premade phrases to copy/paste into trollboxes:
Heard a lot of people talking about DGC lately, know anything about it?
BTC-38 just added DGC, buy it before the chinese do!
Nice, DGC (Digitalcoin) is about to open an exchange, should boost its value in no time
Wall Street Journal talked about DGC, might be a good time to buy some
Saw on Reddit that Bill Still and Max Keiser will talk about DGC in their next interview, nice
DGC will be added tomorrom to BTC-38, little time left to buy some before the chinese do
felt so l337 to be involved. was so funny how delusional it all was back then. people really bought into the idea that cryptocurrency was going to go mainstream any time soon.