Status
Not open for further replies.

comelately

Wild Horses
28 is the NHS England death count today. Quite low. Could be an outlier, could be bullshit....but it's not the number people were expecting. Some people seem disappointed tbh.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'd like to hope that they can count the number of deaths correctly even in the UK. I can well believe (in fact I'm certain) that countries are erroneously or deliberately under-counting or under-reporting the cases, but how would they mess up the deaths? I mean some could be put down to the wrong thing but not a significant number I'd guess (unless deliberate policy of course).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
28 is the NHS England death count today. Quite low. Could be an outlier, could be bullshit....but it's not the number people were expecting. Some people seem disappointed tbh.

Fewer deaths can only be welcomed but I'd guess we're very far from being out of the woods yet.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'd be surprised if the lockdown is affecting the death rate yet at the moment (as opposed to the infection rate). That's not an argument against it of course.

droid

Unfortunately I dont think that 28 is the correct figure. According to the trackers its 43.

https://www.coronatracker.com/country/gb

And a look at the graph shows that the death rate is more or less steady. The worrying thing is that the UK has gone from having almost about 0.3% critical cases to having 2% and the fatality rate of 4.9% is still very high.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm reading 43 too... I suspect that the 28 figure was earlier in the day rather than wrong. I dunno though obviously. That's quite a big difference though.

droid

The fatality rate is crazy too. We're doing a lot more testing, with a rate of about 0.6%. Better demographics here but the NHS is definitely a better system than ours so 4.9% seems very high.

luka

That may be true, but another day or two of the deaths tapering off and people will begin to wonder why they're locked down.

I don't want anyone to die or suffer but I do want to be locked down for at least another month just for the experience and the chance to rest and recuperate from the battlefield

luka

If they try and stop me sitting in the park reading my book I'm in gunna pepper spray em in the eye

luka

Firmly against this idea that we all have to be miserable or it won't work. "it's not a holiday' yeah fuck off

luka

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!

Status
Not open for further replies.