DannyL

Wild Horses
not sure what you want me to say. ending the war requires some kind of compromise. idk what that is. pre 2014 situ seems like a good place to start.
It's the how of getting Russia to that point. Prolonged military defeat is the only way that's going to happen. De-escalation now will lead to a retrenchment of the 2014 borders.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I dont agree that russia is being expansionist however. its response to nato expansion is not surprising.
Come on, you're not actually that thick, are you. Quit trolling. Putin's compared himself to Peter the Great, FFS.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Putin isn't that thick either, or else he wouldn't have done the one thing that's just spurred two long-standing neutral countries to join NATO.

vimothy

yurp
It's the how of getting Russia to that point. Prolonged military defeat is the only way that's going to happen. De-escalation now will lead to a retrenchment of the 2014 borders.
so what's the end game? we smash russia and totally subjugate it? that's not realistic

DannyL

Wild Horses
I dont agree that russia is being expansionist however. its response to nato expansion is not surprising. you can imagine how the us would respond if the tables were turned. altho in fact you dont have to imagine, bc it happened with similar results
Seeing as one concrete outcome of the war is Finland joining NATO, surely then Putin will call it off immediately?

vimothy

yurp
Come on, you're not actually that thick, are you. Quit trolling. Putin's compared himself to Peter the Great, FFS.
suppose russia entered into a military agreement with Ireland, and put military bases there. how would you feel about that?

vimothy

yurp
this has already happened anyway, and it led to the Cuban missile crisis and the ussr backing down bc the us would not countenance it

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
suppose russia entered into a military agreement with Ireland, and put military bases there. how would you feel about that?
Ukraine isn't in NATO and wasn't, in a million years, about to join NATO. So this is pretty pissweak stuff.

DannyL

Wild Horses
so what's the end game? we smash russia and totally subjugate it? that's not realistic
I don't understand why people always extrapolate to an impossible scenario. I don't think Ukraine or the NATO powers are going to attempt to subjugate Russia.
Have to see what happens with the Spring offensive. Russia will have to be forced towards the 2014 borders, they won't go willingly.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
And if the UK responded by pre-emptively invading Ireland and engaging in a programme of genocide, mass rape etc., you'd have happy to write that off as an acceptable price for a multipolar world, I take it?

DannyL

Wild Horses
I don't understand why people always extrapolate to an impossible scenario. I don't think Ukraine or the NATO powers are going to attempt to subjugate Russia.
Have to see what happens with the Spring offensive. Russia will have to be forced towards the 2014 borders, they won't go willingly.
And ultimately it's up to Ukrainians.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Putin, in his own address to the Russian people at the start of the invasion, barely mentioned NATO. It's all about restoring Russian national pride by bringing the wayward 'little Russians' to heel. The idea that there's anything defensive about it is an excuse that's been cooked up on Putin's behalf by this malorodous red-brown alliance in Western countries.