Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
NATOstan! That's hilarious.

Not a fucking clue what it's meant to imply, but I guess that's not really the point.

luka

im not sure either. Pepe Escobar was a Craner fave back in the early '00s. I guess either stan as in Pakistan, Uzbekistan etc.... or Stan as in the Eminem song? i dunno

luka

he wrote a books called Pipelineistan too i think, which is where Craner got his pipeline obsession from. all wars are about pipelines they reckon.

Reactions: Leo

luka

so i say, beleive whatever you want. if you want to beleive it's about a pipeline, go ahead. if you prefer the bioweapons research labs, then beleive in that instead. it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to anything.

Reactions: Leo

IdleRich

IdleRich
Pepe Escobar, do we think that his name is that a reference to "Los Pepes, a name derived from the Spanish phrase "Perseguidos por Pablo Escobar" ("Persecuted by Pablo Escobar"), was a vigilante group composed of enemies of Pablo Escobar." meaning that he is somehow on both sides - Escobarstan and Pepestan?

IdleRich

IdleRich
I missed this thing about how everyone hates NATO and it's now become another Great Satan in its own right for certain lefties, when did that happen? I mean I'm sure they always disapproved but it seems to have been promoted to being mentioned all the time as THE baddie.

Leo

Most normal liberals support NATO. The MAGA crowd hates it, following messaging from Dear Leader Trump, who had a chip on his shoulder that our partners weren't paying their fair share. The US was suckered into paying for most everything plus protecting the world, being taken advantage of, all the usual isolationist/nationalist stuff.

Leo

A friend posted this in FB

Shared from a client who works very closely with a tech team in Kyiv: "Yesterday they were issuing civilians with firearms and giving lessons at the supermarkets. Civilians have the authority to kill any Russian soldier."