Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Yes, but have you noticed America bad, England bad?", said droid, before adding "Sorry, what was the question again?"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Today's Victory Parade in Russia - which I'm told is doing pretty well in Ukraine - featured a single tank. From WWII.

View attachment 15146
Someone who can do video editing should make a montage of some footage of a typical parade with 'Hell March' from Command and Conquer on the soundtrack, then a record scratch, then footage from this year's parade with the Peppa Pig theme or something.

FwhJSFAWIB0n4nZ

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Decent piece here linked to in the Decolonize Russia thread - an anarchist take on decolonization, critical of both liberal and mainstream leftist positions on the subject.

IdleRich

IdleRich
One thing I find particularly unpleasant about this war is the number of people who are not directly involved gloating about soldiers of the side they're not supporting being killed. It's not pleasant at any time but I suppose it's more understandable when your family and friends are under direct threat or may have even been killed. But twitter warriors in the US or UK or anywhere really actively celebrating the deaths of young men who were probably just following orders they are scared to disobey or protecting their home... they need to take a look at themselves and think about whether that's the person they really want to be.

This post was sparked by Lindsay Graham saying "it's the best money we've ever spent" when he heard it had killed lots of Russians - but it applies equally to randoms on the internet.

Leo

they need to take a look at themselves and think about whether that's the person they really want to be.

Sadly, that's exactly the person Lindsay Graham and other neo-cons/Russia hawks want to be. Seriously, a proxy war with Russia (and tangentially, China, who supports Russia) is heaven for them, fighting without having to sacrifice American soldiers. They're in all their glory.

martin

----
Lindsay Graham saying "it's the best money we've ever spent" when he heard it had killed lots of Russians - but it applies equally to randoms on the internet.
At least the psycho's honest about it, instead of burying it beneath a load of moralistic posturing, I suppose.

Glad you posted this, these spineless 'Twitter warrior' wankers are beneath contempt. Sadly it includes a couple of people I'd previously considered to be quite sussed.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
At least the psycho's honest about it, instead of burying it beneath a load of moralistic posturing, I suppose.

Glad you posted this, these spineless 'Twitter warrior' wankers are beneath contempt. Sadly it includes a couple of people I'd previously considered to be quite sussed.
Yeah, I would say it's a fine line between celebrating Ukraine retaking this or that town and gloating over 20-year-old Russian conscripts getting incinerated in their tanks, but it's not even a very fine line, is it? More like a pretty obvious difference.