thirdform

pass the sick bucket
hmm im all for the negation of God so I wouldn't argue that the west is getting secular (quite the contrary in fact.) in some respects it's worse, because once you knew what a certain approach to faith represented in terms of a class status and then you could rebel against it or adhere to it.

Now it's like fucking ubermenschian create the god you want. which just massively shifts the bloody goalposts. it's like eugenics with a palatable veneer.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Isn't that just weak neo new age bullshit though? 'I'm spiritual, not religious' etc

no. why do you think christian feminists, islamic feminists, anti-capitalists, greens, etc etc exist?

let me be very clear here, i am 100% feminist. i will even go through gender reassignment surgery to boost my feminist creds. a loss of a cock is absolutely no big deal for me.

But
true skool feminism is incompatible with democracy.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
the west is getting secular
more secular but not less superstitious. more and not less magical thinking. just of a different order. QAnons all the way down.

omnipresent availability of limitless information has made reality less clear, like HDTV highlights the artificiality of the picture in terrifyingly stark clarity.

gods can't withstand that scrutiny. nothing can. religiosity generally declines as GDP increases, tho the U.S. is the huge outlier on that curve.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
anyway getting back on track:

i think the glitch, the error, aesthetically has the potential to reflect the dematerialised reality of the operating system circuitry. in as much as the sexuality of todays age is pure data, it is not so much sensation as it as an analogue conversion of 1s and 0s. one is never quite wanking to a body, one never quite lusts after a body but a certain technical binary configuration. digital sex is not really so much sex as a kind of prelonging of a need, a drive but not an acknowledgement of desire. i think to hear that in its naked form we have to listen to the bits of sound between the sounds.

i would really dig glitch + ambient + autotune.

Last edited:

padraig (u.s.)

it's getting all blurry
ya mentioned upthread the blurring of work/leisure time, like extending it to time in general

the eternal now of likes, comments, swipes, tweets, top 5 most reads, uploads, etc

disruption of circadian (LED lighting suppresses melatonin production) and other biological, societal, traditional rhythms

someone who knows the specific history better could compare/contrast it with the changes wrought by industrialization

luka

i swaer there was a whole genre called glitch? in the euro boffin-techno of the late 90s/early '00s?

padraig (u.s.)

there was

the aesthetic of a skipping CD

literally could only have arisen in that brief window of CD relevance

like the opening line of Neuromancer dates itself by referring to a television tuned to a dead channel

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i swaer there was a whole genre called glitch? in the euro boffin-techno of the late 90s/early '00s?

there was the glitch of people like Oval.

Then there was the glitch of vladislav delay under his luomo alias folding those kind of clicks and crackles into the house template.

But I can't ever think of it really penetrating rnb.

luka

anyway getting back on track:

i think the glitch, the error, aesthetically has the potential to reflect the dematerialised reality of the operating system circuitry. in as much as the sexuality of todays age is pure data, it is not so much sensation as it as an analogue conversion of 1s and 0s. one is never quite wanking to a body, one never quite lusts after a body but a certain technical binary configuration. digital sex is not really so much sex as a kind of prelonging of a need, a drive but not an acknowledgement of desire. i think to hear that in its naked form we have to listen to the bits of sound between the sounds.

i would really dig glitch + ambient + autotune.

got any tunes like this? or the future hasnt delivered them to us yet?

padraig (u.s.)

now our cultural expression the future's subtle
that's because the future, or at least the beginning of the future, is now

i.e. original Star Trek, giant block consoles full of clunky buttons

vs. any current sci-fi w/even moderate production values, the technology is a slightly better version of now - smartphones/pads with more AR/VR

luka

ive taken too many psychedelics to trust myself to wade into this religion-spirituality-god-reality discussion. too much of a hippy. i know i'll just get yelled at. DocFIFfWkAAtg8R.jpg