luka

Was it the James addiction one? You'd think he'd have the decency to join in given its a whole thread dedicated to him!

sadmanbarty

Was it the James addiction one? You'd think he'd have the decency to join in given its a whole thread dedicated to him!

it was the most poignantly written wrong thing i've ever read. slagging off janet jackson and then saying jane's addiction. maybe my only jaw drop ever reading dissensus.

luka

Just for the record Im not 40. Craner is, or 41 maybe even. Not that it matters, I just want everyone to know.

sadmanbarty

when i read thridform's twitter i feel a seraphic light engulf me.

it's like when jibreal took mohammad to Jerusalem where he met moses and jesus and he didn't want wine or water so he had some milk instead.

but even better because it has references to craner in it.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty

Am traversing the Atlantic rainforest as we speak so long thought out posts are not so easy. Definitely been thinking about this thread since you started it. For now I'll just repeat something I posted in the dematerialization thread

Soul is the ring around your bathtub

- George Clinton

Which is pretty on point. Soul's the truth, innit.

sadmanbarty

incarnations of dissensus:

2004-2007: citizen smith

2008- 2013: dubstep diaspora

2013-2016: the dark age

2017-2018: the silver age

2019-: the islamic age

luka

I'm sort of half sitting half lying on my sofa. I didn't mean to. I started out sitting properly but I've sort of just slowly sank into this deeply uncomfortable unnatural position. Twisted out of shape. But I can't be bothered moving. I'd rather be in the Atlantic rainforest with a toucan perched on my shoulder and a shaman crooning in my ear, blowing smoke rings round me.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Bobby Brown - Toucan Play That Game

A fine example of soulful pop. The innocence of the 90s. Soul is never jaded.

version

Corpsey's Law: As a Dissensus thread grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Autechre approaches 1.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

Autechre does Soul.

well in the jazz/rnb descended sense I am a big fan of that kind of music. in fact most of my mates in techno are going back to excavating italo and EBM. Why? why on earth would you do that? there are about 4 good italo tracks and about 10 good EBM tracks. why not look more into electro boogie and post-disco?

But that's not really the soul we're talking about here. or at least, i hope not because then we could start getting into some dodgy raciological thinking (absolutely not saying you are doing this patty...)

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
How did Autechre become the Godwin's law of dissensus?

download/purchase incunabula, activate the pitch adjust in foobar, (its called playback rate shift) slow it down to somewhere from 33 to 15-18%. do this when you feel that gram of hash you ate kick in.

Watch yourself have the greatest dissociated mind trip of your life.

Last edited:

luka

What are we talking about here? I've,totally lost the thread. Discombobulated. Disassociated mental trip.