thirdform

pass the sick bucket
because they're as bad as hitler

oh christ i figured it out you're the bloke who made this innit. i found a bbc 1xtra take over the other day and there were bare indie voices in post-nuum. that was you all along!

On the + side i rate ur business acumen at least you can rest on your laurels for a while. i guess you have 5 more years left in EDM and then you're retiring? Or are you gonna be a gary neville.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
But that's not really the soul we're talking about here. or at least, i hope not because then we could start getting into some dodgy raciological thinking (absolutely not saying you are doing this patty...)

I don't think anyone has totally nailed it yet so the jury is still out. It's too broad a word and means different things to different people. Anne Clarke - Our Darkness is a pretty good soulful EBM track imo. Or is that more synthpop/new wave? No idea.. Lowride definitely packs a soulful wallop. That piano is so bittersweet.

What soul are you talking about?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
can i pay u to make some trissillo acid gabba it will probably be shit but i just wanna hear it for my own amusement. before your retirement, i mean. before 2024.

sadmanbarty

can i pay u to make some trissillo acid gabba it will probably be shit but i just wanna hear it for my own amusement. before your retirement, i mean. before 2024.

£500ish quid for instagram live videos (59 seconds)

£1000 for 2-10 minutes

£1000 for long ambient things (usualy 20mins-30 mins)

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
1 minute and 59.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999.1010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010.99999999999.101010101010101010101010 seconds.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I don't think anyone has totally nailed it yet so the jury is still out. It's too broad a word and means different things to different people. Anne Clarke - Our Darkness is a pretty good soulful EBM track imo. Or is that more synthpop/new wave? No idea.. Lowride definitely packs a soulful wallop. That piano is so bittersweet.

What soul are you talking about?

im not anti-soul im just the machine funkateer. and ultimately the most disciplined funk is anti-human in its magnetic forcefield proportions.

I am anti sincerity (if soul is equated with a rockist notion of sincerity) though in the 2010s. in that sense I don't seek out metal that is too melodically finicky or prissy. I don't like indie pop and indie folk. none of that. it's all so aggressively clinically tonal.

My contention is that whilst soul is the preacher, funk is the teacher, and we need more teaching and less preaching in these turbulent times. we gotta handle the new recruits with care. we can't love em to the bone like cooked food yet.

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Keep hearing about barty's drumming and production but have yet ot hear any of it. He even promised he'd record and upload himself drumming in one thread. Tsk I say.

sadmanbarty

My contention is that whilst soul is the preacher, funk is the teacher, and we need more teaching and less preaching in these turbulent times. we gotta handle the new recruits with care. we can't love em to the bone like cooked food yet.

i've always been perplexed by third's ostensible identity. how can a bloke who says he's my age have such open grievances with 'soul boys'? why would a kurd be so proud of there turkish identity?

but now it all makes sense. he's a 65 year old from new orleans. looks like dick gregory

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
there is a contradiction here:

Some people are saying mcdonalds soul is not soul music because it isn't sincerely emotional or whatever. On the contrary I am saying it is. I am saying that capitalism wants to think we're human outside of its mechanisms, that it hasn't subjected everything to quantification. this is how it perpetuates ideologies left and right wing. Politics becomes a modulation that can be abandoned at will or when convenient.

It is not soul in the afro-american sense, but neither do the infrastructures existing in the black communities in the united states exist in the same way in the 21st century.

Jill Scott is correctly called neo-soul (in a rhythm and blues continuum.) I am not here to discuss her merits or demerits here. FTR I find her nice to listen to. sometimes it works sometimes bit boring. simple. like some broken beat and kirk degiorgio. not music for all occasions because of its backwards tinted purism but I can dig it. nothing more left to say.

And this is where my gripe with a lot of metal comes in. It's a soulful anger that capitalism modulates. I am human, please appreciate my dexterity and technical prowess. When my mum says this shit you listen to all sounds the same and is made by machines, that's fucking fantastic, that's exactly what I want her to say. I'm not interested in people who have a righteous anger and work for justice and a contemptible cause, I'm interested in killing machines raised on a diet of bizzy B. this is the only way the revolution will succeed.

Communists have no constitutions to propose, they only have those which must be destroyed!

Last edited: