Later in red and white cans.

linebaugh

chicago has a nice system that designates every red and white can bar with this sign
8767336406_199a05cfa7_z.jpg

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
when we were kids, we thought Heineken was top shelf, the best of the best. American beers were all in cans or brown bottles, heinies were imported, and in green bottles! you were cool Is you drank them, or it was a special occasion.

had a bottle recently and it's kind of lame.

someone who doesnt really drink has to reply here with

wild greens

Few years ago Mrs Greens & I went to New York, 2014 i think. We were living in a basement in Bedstuy- Malcolm X & Halsey, beautiful house, seemed like it was deep in the mire at first glance, but we soon figured it was gentrifying at a fast pace. Anyway first night we got in late and i was starving, determined to get pissed, no food in the cupboards.

So i took a walk down Malcolm X Boulevard, dressed like the british football casual stereotype, big bald head, the only white man for miles. You can feel intimidated in these situations i guess but fuck it who cares. Got the missus a chinese from some gaff with bulletproof glass, a giant pizza for me, and thought lets get some beer. Walked into one of those bodegas, felt like one of the locals, Lad behind the counter looked at me like he'd saw a ghost, what fucking accent is this, bought 8 big cans of PBR, we're in america now kid

Probably the worst beer ive ever drank, absolutely shite. Got on some stuff called Bengali Tiger after that which was decent, they sell it in Wetherspoons now i think

woops

is not like other people
Probably the worst beer ive ever drank, absolutely shite. Got on some stuff called Bengali Tiger after that which was decent, they sell it in Wetherspoons now i think
yeah they do it's about 8% i think. worst stuff i've ever had was Euro Shopper, so incredibly gassy, never burped so much in my life, but probably the cheapest stuff i've ever had as well. i'm sure @yyaldrin will have seen this stuff
beer_126489.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
Few years ago Mrs Greens & I went to New York, 2014 i think. We were living in a basement in Bedstuy- Malcolm X & Halsey, beautiful house, seemed like it was deep in the mire at first glance, but we soon figured it was gentrifying at a fast pace. Anyway first night we got in late and i was starving, determined to get pissed, no food in the cupboards.

So i took a walk down Malcolm X Boulevard, dressed like the british football casual stereotype, big bald head, the only white man for miles. You can feel intimidated in these situations i guess but fuck it who cares. Got the missus a chinese from some gaff with bulletproof glass, a giant pizza for me, and thought lets get some beer. Walked into one of those bodegas, felt like one of the locals, Lad behind the counter looked at me like he'd saw a ghost, what fucking accent is this, bought 8 big cans of PBR, we're in america now kid

A guy from my five-a-side team went to visit a mate of his in, I dunno New Orleans or something and they did a bit of driving around the south, he was saying the accent totally bamboozled people, I guess he has quite a strong South London accent - he was saying they went in some sort of diner for food and people kept saying "what language do you speak where you come from" and they kept asking them to say something in their language. He was there for at least an hour and when they left people were genuinely disappointed that they had seemingly refused to humour them and say a single word in their own language. Separate incident some guys started on them in the street, I think intended to mug them but when they spoke they got kinda confused and scared and backed off.
One time when I was in NY someone asked me if I was French.

Last edited:

Leo

Pabst is shit, the appeal is to the hipster quest to ironically embrace white trash culture. PBR trucker hats.

Last edited:

linebaugh

PBR is just a red and white can lager with a social stigma attached to it. Its great. Lonestar, PBR, Hamms, Old Stlye. All excellent cheap beers.

wild greens

PBR is just a red and white can lager with a social stigma attached to it. Its great. Lonestar, PBR, Hamms, Old Stlye. All excellent cheap beers.
No i have had it since several times too, it is shite. Don't know what the social stigma is but it is lower league in comparison to even the worst Polish

Leo

I spent an afternoon this week at Rockaway Beach, and took a short skip over to Rockaway Brewing. About three hours out in the courtyard with a buddy, sampling their various brews and eating deep fried coconut shrimp and fries. perfect summer day.

linebaugh

That said Lonestar sounds delicious
Ive actually been told Lone Star is literally just the PBR recipe (owned by the pabst brewing company) with a Texas aesthetic slapped on top. I detect slight differences in flavor though. Little more full bodied.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If we're talking about worst beers ever, I have to nominate Australia's Victoria "Bitter", which isn't even a bitter, but a lager. However, it's so fucking basic that it barely even qualifies as beer at all, so the question of what type of beer it is, beyond a shit one, is sort of academic.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I spent an afternoon this week at Rockaway Beach, and took a short skip over to Rockaway Brewing. About three hours out in the courtyard with a buddy, sampling their various brews and eating deep fried coconut shrimp and fries. perfect summer day.
Tell me more about this!

Leo

I'm fine with cheap beer, some of the ones @linebaugh mentioned. most times I'd rather drink something that tastes good, but having cheap suds on a hot summer day is great as well.