Status
Not open for further replies.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
oh didn't actually read the vice article? i think holland and the uk had a similar approach the last few weeks. herd immunity was the goal at first, they're slowly coming back from that now. in general, it's all very laissez-faire. the belgians have blocked some roads at the border i think. we're a leprosy patient basically.

oh didn't actually read the vice article? i think holland and the uk had a similar approach the last few weeks. herd immunity was the goal at first, they're slowly coming back from that now. in general, it's all very laissez-faire. the belgians have blocked some roads at the border i think. we're a leprosy patient basically.

There's a map going round of handwashing habits. Strangely, the Netherlands is reported to be the least handwashy place in Europe.

washing-hands-source.jpg

Check out Bosnia!

Last edited:

luka

Mr Tea, our only scientist, said washing your hands after pissing in a public toilet was dirtier than not washing them. He said a shit was a marginal case and he said just go by personal preference.

luka

He said obviously if a bit of shit got on your hand while wiping that would usually tilt the scales in favour of washing them.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Anyone seen that film Torrente? He has a big rant about how real men wash their hands before they go to the toilet so that they can keep their cock clean.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've actually heard people say that in real life come to think of it.
Although isn't urine sterile or something anyway? That's why you can drink it without any ill-effects.

john eden

male pale and stale
If it's a sockpuppet account, then they've put a massive amount of work into it. And it was started way back in September last year, when nobody had heard of coronavirus: https://twitter.com/xr_east?s=09

I don't doubt other XR groups have slammed them, but divergences in ideology and an inability of the movement to police itself is surely a consequence of its being totally decentralised?

I have many criticisms of XR but that did seem a bit out of kilter. It is a problem of decentralisation as you say but the main XR UK account pointed out fairly clearly that this was not in keeping with the core values of XR.

I don't really know the ins and outs of it but with groups like this you do get people ebbing and flowing in involvement so the twitter account might have changed hands or possibly the person who ran it has gone down some internet wormholes and been red-pilled or whatever it is.

Either way it was a fucking dumb intervention which is exactly what was not needed. Which isn't a first for XR.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
weeks after Spain and Italy instituted more severe rules
Italy saw a peak - so far - in both daily new cases and deaths on the 20th, since which new cases have started trending downward

too soon to say lockdown is definitively working, and even it is measures will have to remain in effect for at least several weeks I'd imagine

but, tentatively good news

also, lockdown seems to have done a relatively good job of keeping it concentrated in the north with Lombardy as epicenter

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Last edited:

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
has anyone read anything useful on why death rates are so varied?

beyond the obv educated guesses - median population age/% of elderly, smoking %, climate, quality of health care system

i.e. Germany so far has a significantly lower mortality rate than the U.S. despite a significantly older population

I've seen speculation on why Italy's is so high, but not the other way around

Status
Not open for further replies.