mvuent

Void Dweller
i personally would love to see blissblogger, baboon2004, DannyL, shiels, Corpsey, Pandiculate, yyaldrin, catalog, entertainment, version, or other_life post their reactions to a few of these.

mvuent

Void Dweller
anyways here's a few more but nothing too interesting tbh.

updated military march. almost sounds like the soundtrack for a war or strategy game. or like in a heist movie when there’s a montage of each of the team members doing their part in the plan, getting in position for the movie’s third act. calculating restlessness.

somewhat transitional: not quite 2D but not fully 3D yet either.

beams of light shining in whenever the pad/chords come in.

like with migos you learn from the reverb that it’s taking place in some kind of huge enclosed space.

oh so this a literal kid? sounds kind of bratty, so that makes sense. or maybe its just the fucking video.

drill’s dematerialized pads. opaque, frictionless.

the shakers(?) moving around the stereo field are like money fluttering in the wind.

sadmanbarty

you get the ball rolling and people with chip in when something jumps out at them.

entertainment, versh and luke all gave their takes on intence dope on the other thread.

luka

I feel rough as guts horrible cold really tired so I won't say anything clever but I'll say a few stupid things to keep you company

sadmanbarty

on time me and luke were on e and we were at a point of just waiting it out. we'd been up all night and were just waiting for the effects to wear off.

there was a mix on with tom taam and luke just scowled at the speaker and after a minute or two said "it doesn't sound like english"

sadmanbarty

lickle addi is vybz kartel's son (as in little adidjah palmer).

there's been the pungiification of jamaican vocals thats become prevelent over the last 10 years. tommy lee's the most glaring example, but this track somewhat hints at it.

pungi's are used in snake charming, so i like to say that these dancehall pungi's are charming the snake from the garden of eded; they're calling satan.

luka

i personally would love to see blissblogger, baboon2004, DannyL, shiels, Corpsey, Pandiculate, yyaldrin, catalog, entertainment, version, or other_life post their reactions to a few of these.

This should be possible. We've had lots of people chip in on the single song ones

sadmanbarty

the chorus to the two dollar signs are the same; "shotta dem a pree the dollar sign". its the same song at different stages of dematerialisation.

mvuent

Void Dweller
Contained within this playlist are epic tales of warfare, revenge and betrayal played out between ‘spartans’, ‘kings’, ‘empires’, ‘gods’, ‘vampires’, 'anti-christs' and ‘devils’.

Ares, Shiva and Odin have made themselves manifest once again in physical form, but this time as auto-tuned terminator cyborgs armed to the teeth with fat ‘matics and ready to destroy anything and anyone in their way. Their bleached skin, golden like the Pharaohs. Their tattooed eyeballs black like the darkest corners of hades.

This is a magic music. A music of “obeah”, “pocomania”, “witchcraft” and “voodoo”.

this prompt seems like it would be suited for other life.

sadmanbarty

alkaline and thug are equivalents in their respective contexts. both gangly, both doing weird voices, both rising to prominence at the same time.

one thing luke likes about thug is that he'll completely deviate from the underlying bars and beats or just the grace points of the instrumental. its fluid rather than the rhythmic rigidity you associate when you think of people spitting "bars".

tom taam has a similar quality. he's meandering. going on these rhythmic tangents.

sadmanbarty

by the way mvuent if you can just loads of them out and just say "someone else do this one". i'll have a crack if nobody else does.

no pressure to do them all at all.

luka

alkaline and thug are equivalents in their respective contexts. both gangly, both doing weird voices, both rising to prominence at the same time.

one thing luke likes about thug is that he'll completely deviate from the underlying bars and beats or just the grace points of the instrumental. its fluid rather than the rhythmic rigidity you associate when you think of people spitting "bars".

tom taam has a similar quality. he's meandering. going on these rhythmic tangents.

The trick is to do it without getting all fiddly and tangled and losing the momentum, tripping over yourself

sadmanbarty

weird set of emotions on tom taam. again, these meandering emotions. going from one to the other one as your thoughts drift.

a real bitterness at times. a bitchiness at others. the "me dem no want war with" chorus is achingly sad. the world's against you and at some point you just want to cry.